“Go for the great education, stay for the great surrounding community”

North Carolina State University
Ranked #13 of 150 things to do in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Go for the great education, stay for the great surrounding community”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

NCSU is centrally located in downtown Raleigh, which makes it convenient for workouts at the YMCA, an afternoon at Pullen Park, early evening stroll through the University grounds, and dinner at David's Dumplings and Noodles.

Visited March 2013

Salisbury, Maryland, US
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Great School”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

What can I say, my son's a freshman here and the campus is outstanding. The buildings are just remarkable and the landscaping is unbelievable. I'm glad to see they are spending my money very well.

Visited April 2013
Martinsville, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great school!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our son attended NC State and had a great experience. He had great professors, but of course, the football games were the best for him.

Visited April 2013
NC
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Recruits Dream!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family visited with my nephew who is being recruited by NCSU. Taking into context that they were clearly trying to impress us so that he would choose their school, I still can't imagine that the people aren't usually just as nice under normal circumstances. The campus and facilities were beautiful and well maintained. I detest public bathrooms and will avoid eating and drinking all day so as not to have to use them but I didn't find one that wasn't immaculate during our visit.

Visited October 2012
Centreville, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very welcoming despite such a big campus.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were stopped along the way by students and staff to help us find our way on our self guided tour.

Visited March 2013