“Great food with an awesome selection of different beers”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #97 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 140 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been many times and never once have I received bad food or service. Plenty of choices to choose from when it comes to beer. Very clean establishment, comfortable booths, and clean restrooms. The outside seating area is very well done with fireplaces to sit next to. If you plan to visit on a Friday evening... just plan on reserving and/or waiting for a table. Plenty of TV's throughout to watch the game while eating lunch and/or dinner.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was within walking distance of where my husband and I were staying. We enjoyed it very much. The portions weren't overwhelming. We started with calamari which was perfectly cooked. Both of us had tacos. My husband had the taco plate, with had beans and rice. He had grilled fish filling. I had the pork belly filling. Wonderful place, we want to go again.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The good news, this popular restaurant has 100+ beers on tap. The bad news, unless you're drinking Bud, Miller, or Coors, each draft will set you back at least $6.75 per pint and up, plus tip. When did north Raleigh become San Francisco? Yeah, the restaurant has a nice atmosphere, but when you're paying $16 for two pints, it should have massage recliners. And frankly, the food wasn't all that--orange peel chicken that wasn't any better than Pei Wei at twice the price. I was also amused that about half of the menu items were draped in some garlic concoction or aioli. Does a French Dip sandwich really need a garlic bun? Aren't we fancy?! Let me give you an extra $10 for that! I'll give the restaurant props for a friendly hostess staff and efficient service, but otherwise patron beware--this place will drain your wallet. If you're up for a night out with the North Hills yuppies, followed by a $20 game of bowling across the street at Sparians, more power to you. I personally won't be back. Too many equivalent options in our fair city at about half the price.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very popular with the locals, pretty loud, food and service was good. No wait for table even so we came in a busy hour, seems like people like to hang out at the bar rather than sitting down.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were struggling to get a table St. Patrick's Day weekend in the North Hills area for our "date night" without the kids. We had wanted someplace a little quiet and romantic, but that didn't pan out without a reservation. Happily we were able to get seated at The Yard House. This is a great place for families and groups - it's LOUD and BIG. We were prepared for mediocre bar-style food, but OMG the Kung Pao Calamari was AMAZING. The onion rings are also a must-have. I got the Ahi Tuna Ceasar and was very happy to find that you can order a small portion of many menu items. I am a light eater and always get frustrated with the enormous portions of things. Here you can get a 5 oz burger or a small portion of many entree salads; I wish everybody offered small plates. Plus after you have the calamari and onion ring appetizers you won't be so hungry for a large entree. ;) Service was great, food was great, I definitely recommend this place.

Been to Yard House? Share your experiences!