“OK, but not great.”

Yard House
Ranked #72 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 140 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had dinner at the Yard House at North Hills. Of course the beer selection was outstanding and a little over-whelming. Appetizers were very good with one exception. Ordered the Caesar Salad with Ahi Tuna - disappointing! The salad and tuna had very little flavor.

Be advised, the place is outrageously noisy with no possibility of having a conversation with anyone at the other end of the table.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hi CharlesRaleigh_NC - Thank you for dining with us. We always want you to have a great experience not just an okay one. Sorry for not doing a better job. Receiving a flavorless Caesar salad with Ahi tuna definitely falls short of what we are capable of providing. You mentioned the noise level also made it difficult to enjoy your visit. When you can spare a moment, please contact us directly at yhguest@yardhouse.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit in greater detail.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to Yard House Saturday night with friends. Because it was raining, the outside area was closed and everyone was inside. This is likely the reason for the very high noise level. Yes, it was loud. It was so loud that we and the table next to us were yelling to be heard above the noise. We heard them complaining about the noise as well. The root cause of the noise level might be the music which was turned up too high.

They offer over 100 beers on tap so you are likely to find more than one that you want to have. The menu is varied and the presentations are beautiful - the chefs know what they are doing with those.

Our server's name was Dani and she was among the best I have ever had the pleasure to be served by. She was knowledgeable, had tasted much, if not all of the items on the menu and knew the beer selection. Her service was attentive without being intrusive. Overall, very impressive. It is due to her great service that my rating of the restaurant is "Very Good" and not "Average".

I had the Beef Dip and ordered it without the horseradish sauce. This may have been a mistake because the sandwich needed flavor. The au jus was just liquid, no real taste. The roll was good and the cheese had some flavor, but the sandwich was fairly dull. My four friends had other entrees and were generally impressed. I did get the opportunity to sample the clam chowder and it was good. I will order that the next time I go to Yard House. The beef dip comes with fries which are very thin, slender fries. They were good, but I would have preferred bigger fries.

The decor is urban/industrial which is one reason why it is so loud. It is all hard surfaces so that the sound just bounces off and makes it worse.

So, generally, the food is good, the presentations are good, and the service is terrific, but my experience was not great simply because of the noise level. Two of our group left just as soon as they finished eating to get out of the noisy environment.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hi jelfeldt- It sounds like you enjoyed your visit overall, but wish it would have been perfect if you fully enjoyed your sandwich and the music was a bit lower. We will take this opportunity to share your feedback with our team. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to email me at yhguest@yardhouse.com . We welcome any and all feedback and hope for the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was about nine of us! We do a monthly social with ladies that have retired!, We try different restaurants There was one male with us! I can say our server was excellent, the food was so yummy and We were sitted out side on the patio, it was on friday 09/27/13. The crab cake was so good! I have never had any thing tasted so fresh! This was my second time there. The others ladies were pleased as well!! The only thing I didn't like was the drinks, most places offer a discount on drinks, they are quiet pricey! Overall is was very good!! I will come back again!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Food was Great. Fried Chicken was delicious, Ahi Tuna Salad was too. Glass of wine was a little skimpy. Music was too loud.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Held a casual gathering for ~30 guests in the (covered) outdoor seating area. The weather was perfect to start. The guests were from across the globe. We had at least one serving of about everything on the appetizer menu. Everyone raved about the food. Our European and Canadian guests enjoyed the the extensive beer list and the 12-glass sampler selection from US microbreweries. We will return! The wait staff was very attentive and made excellent recommendations for the food and drinks.