“Best Coffee House in North Carolina (and delicious food too!)”
Review of Sola Coffee Cafe

Sola Coffee Cafe
Ranked #1 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Raleigh
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: European style Raleigh coffee shop and cafe serving Counter Culture coffees & espresso, Rishi teas, craft beer and wine. Fresh breakfast, local ingredients, sandwiches, salads, Boars Head meats and cheeses, neapolitan style flatbread for dinner, fresh fruit & veggie smoothies, bakery, Homeland Creamery milk & ice cream. Live Music Friday and Saturday nights. Catering on and off site. Private Room.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Coffee House in North Carolina (and delicious food too!)”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Simply put, you won't find a better combination of inviting surroundings, friendly and efficient staff (and owners), convenient location (off Lead Mine in north Raleigh), and both delicious food and *wonderful* coffee drinks anywhere near Raleigh!
I've been to a handful of places in the US which arguably outshine it in one aspect or another, but nowhere else do I feel like, "Wow, I need to hit Sola soon!"

I will admit - as some reviewers have stated - it's a little pricey for *some* food. However, understand two things: the prices vary a LOT depending what you order; for example, sandwiches are expensive, BUT they are made with absolutely TOP NOTCH ingredients - and just to single out one example, the "Sola Turkey" will make you doubt you'll ever settle for any turkey sandwich again anywhere else! The breakfast offerings are fairly basic, but less pricey, and very tasty. (Don't miss their mini doughnuts however... a favorite guilty pleasure I can't dare to indulge in too often... darn it. And their Sola shake is hardly "tiny" as James N stated. Neither is it "huge", but this isn't McDonalds - come on. The thing is rich, tasty, and filling.)

As far as service goes, they bring your food to your seat using letters - you only have to pick up your coffee off the bar (usually - at slow times, they often come find you, if they know you); and, it varies A LOT how busy they are - naturally when it's mobbed (think Friday morning), it takes longer. Most of the time I get my coffee in 2-4 minutes (a flavored latte btw), with a smile, and my sandwich comes out in 5 minutes - and it's well worth it.

I guess the best way to sum it up is this: I'm a SOLAHOLIC! I own their t-shirt, I drop in five days/week if I can (and btw they have entertainment at least Friday, Saturday evenings too), and if I can't get there, I feel cheated. TOTALLY.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A gem in the heart of North Raleigh!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have family that live in North Raleigh and this has become my FAVORITE coffee house to visit when I am in town (which is often). This coffee cafe is a favorite amongst the locals of North Raleigh and for good reasons: delicious organic coffees/teas, high quality, wholesome breakfast foods/salads/sandwiches/pizzas, yummy sweet treats (try the mini donuts, muffins and scones) and the perfect friendly, laid back atmosphere that you would expect from a family-owned business. You will not leave this cafe disappointed...a gem in the heart of North Raleigh and a welcome alternative to your run of the mill coffee house!

Cary, North Carolina
“Great ambiance, but EXPENSIVE!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great ambiance, but EXPENSIVE as all get-out! $9.50 for a very bland chicken salad sandwich... wow! The servers are pleasant, but I feel rushed. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for them to make your sandwich and get a drink. I got a $5+ sola milkshake, which was good, but tiny. Their prices are as if you're in the middle of Paris. Too expensive for me!

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great coffee shop”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was a very unique and delicious cafe! The food was really good(try the donuts!) and so was the coffee. The atmosphere was great as well, I loved the decor. Wishing I could go back to try lunch!

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Coffee House Treasure”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a brief time in Raleigh and wanted to at least enjoy a local coffee shop before leaving town. This did not disappoint. The coffee was great. The mini donuts were a treat. We loved that it looked like an old bank turned coffee shop. Tables inside and out. I wish we had more time there. This would have been our favorite spot.

• Visited May 2014