“Very good food”

Daily Planet Cafe
Ranked #7 of 49 Dessert in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Daily Planet Cafe is located in the Nature Research Center of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences and features breakfast, sandwiches, salads, wraps, desserts, smoothies, Larry's Beans coffee and a full bar.
North Carolina
“Very good food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Surprisingly good food for lunch at an 'attraction'. Enthusiastic and polite service persons and manager. Clean and comfortable area located in the research part of the museum.

Visited August 2013

New Bern, North Carolina
“Nice Lunch Break Downtown Raleigh...unexpected venue”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped in downtown Raleigh for a quick bite between State of NC meetings...saw this location on the corner and figured we'd get the typical museum sub and chips w/a pickle meal. Not expecting anything special, but wow...it was great. Line moved quickly..quite crowded with governmental folks on break from nearby office...not a problem at all with serving a large group. Food was excellent, had the portabella wrap with quiona salad and a wonderfully large Iced Coffee....yummy! I can say that we all left with a large smile, a full belly, and a new respect for the unexpected. The outdoor seating downtown was nice...sunshine during a day of meetings was a divine surprise. Will be eating here again...didn't go into the actualy museum but what I saw from their lobby...would be definitely worth a go.

• Visited August 2013
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Very good food.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were surprised at the variety of entrees and sandwiches available at this Museum cafe. Food is fresh and well prepared. The service was above what I expected at a Cafeteria type restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wow.. one of the nicest cafe's we have come across in a museum”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Not the mundane type of food one would expect from a museum cafe or restaurant. The choices were exciting and the Italian Panini was very good. A bit pricey but what do you expect for the convenience of a museum eatery. You order online, but have a seat w/ a pager... when the pager vibrates and lights up a quick trip to the counter ... your order is ready and plated.

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Nice menu selection; good food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I ate at the Daily Planet Cafe for the first time this week with my daughter. We were already at the museum and in looking at their menu, I thought "Wow, lots of neat options!" It's not your everyday cafe fare ... their menu includes Bison burgers, chicken salad with brie, and more tasty options. I got the chicken salad melt with fries (which were the shoestring variety - my favorite!) and my daughter got the PB&J kid's meal. My sandwich was HUGE. I could easily have shared it with another adult. It was very good, but needed more seasoning. It was a tad bland but the multigrain bread made up for it. My daughter ate her entire PB&J sandwich, which is unusual for her. They grilled it, which surprised me, but I found out later that you can request it prepared the regular way, too. The overall cost of this restaurant is about average - $8 range for sandwiches with a side. We'll definitely be back the next time we're at the museum!

• Visited February 2013