“Good food--”
Review of Zydeco Downtown - CLOSED

Zydeco Downtown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Good food--”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place had good food but they are in desperate need for a makeover. The bar is the first thing you see upon entrance. I've seen better bars in a southern juke joint! The service was so slow! The lounge area where the live band plays looks like a living-room in the projects! Like I said the food is good, but I don't think this place would make it if it wasn't in downtown Raliegh!

• Visited January 2013

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Nice Mother's Day treat”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Went with a friend here for the Mother's Day brunch. Needless to say I was stuffed when I left and satisfied. Definitely want to go back. Service could stand to improve from standpoint of greeting others when they walk in and ensuring they get seated. I drove 2 1/2 hrs to get there. That aside it's good spot overall

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After several visits to Zyedco, my overal impression is still "5." that is not to say that it is perfect (some reviewers have noted service issues). However, our recent experience was excellent, with great tasting food, attentive servers, and the friendly atmosphere with which we were already familiar with. Compared to other options in City Market, it is more peaceful, tasty, and pleasant.

• Visited December 2012
“Customer Service - NOT!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had one of those 1/2 off certificates (paid $18 for $35 worth of food) and went to the restaurant. I typically do this so my family and I can try new things to see if they are worth it.

First, they did not want to honor it, then they decided they would after much consultation...and made sure that I was aware that I had to purchase $60 worth of food (I was). Next I was told that we could not use it for the buffet - which wasn't a stipulation on the certificate but that's fine.

After we ordered to fulfill the $60, we waited 30 minutes and still no food...I had to go up to the cashier about 3 times to keep inquiring - nobody ever came and told us anything. They finally said that it took so long because the steak we ordered was so thick (it was about an inch thick).

We had to get it our food to go as we ran out of time (lunch)...took another 10 minutes...so I paid before we got the food...and while they did honor the certificate, they decided to add a 20% gratuity on top! Their menu said 20% gratuity added for parties of 5 or more..there were 4 of us. It was certainly grating that I had to fork over $12.50 for non-existent service.

It wasn't a pleasant experience. While the food was good (not spectacular), the whole experience was just not one I care to repeat.

• Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing Sunday Brunch/Buffet”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Sunday buffet was our only experience here but our friends highly recommend their dinner menu which is cajun-inspired. Amazing mix of meats and veggies (all of the variations of chicken, mac n cheese, grits, corn bread and sweet potatoes) were amazing and the bread pudding was awesome. Also heard the banana pudding was to die for. Cannot wait to try their normal menu. Great southern/soul food.

• Visited September 2012