“Simply wonderful!”
Review of ORO

ORO
Reserve with OpenTable
ORO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wilmington
Description: ORO features generously portioned, sharable tapas-style comfort food re-interpreted for a modern palate.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Simply wonderful!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Traveled to Raleigh for a sales conference and met up with a few colleagues for dinner the night before. My friend made the reservation based on a recommendation from a local colleague. We were a party of seven. Service was casual and excellent. We were well cared for. The food was simply wonderful! Many, many tapas choices - my favorites were truffle macaroni and cheese, carmelized pork belly and fish tacos, although I loved it all. Everything was fresh, hot and delicious. Chef Chris Hylton visited our table a couple of times to make sure we were happy which was a nice touch. He also delivered an amazing "interactive" dessert. I won't spill any secrets but it was creative and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again next time in Raleigh!

• Visited April 2014

Marietta, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Tapas”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

If you're in Raleigh, take the opportunity to eat at Oro's. This chef run restaurant has delicious plates, very personable waiters and a stylish atmosphere. My husband and I had the beet salad, calamari, wild mushroom risotto, and the fried chicken and green tomatoes. All were excellent, but those fried green tomatoes were to die for. The chef came out to the tables to talk to customers. He's definitely trying to bring something unique to the South. If I'm ever back in Raleigh, I'll be sure to go there again.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia
“Delicious Food, Great Service, Warm Welcome”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Was in town for a conference for three days. When I travel I always like to try different places, even if I've enjoyed a meal somewhere. well,Oro made me break that longstanding habit, as I ate three meals in a row there!

Went one night after conference social event. had some food at event but was still hungry and wanted a place to relax after a long day (which included 8-hour drive from Philadelphia). I sat at the bar and found a very warm welcome (ask the owner Cara to show you pictures of her adorable baby!), excellent wine y the glass selection and some super-tasty food. I got the tomato flatbread and mushroom risotto, very satisfying upscale comfort food. I enjoyed the experience so much I took an important client there for lunch the next day and he was as thrilled as I was. I got the homemade veggie burger and it could very well be the best I've ever had, just the right blend of hearty but not heavy, full-flavored without overdoing anything.

I was talking to several foodie colleagues in the exhibit hall that afternoon and four of them decided to go there for dinner that night (we've known each other for years and they know to trust my judgment) and they convinced me to join them! again, the warm welcome and delicious food! These folks are from Atlanta and they travel 20-25 weeks a year and they were as happy as I was, everybody loved everything. I don't recall what everyone got but one of the big hits was the grilled sweet corn with miso spiced butter. It is a creative, yet simple, blend of tastes and textures that is just immensely satisfying.

I'm not a big dessert guy, but several in the party were and they were oohing and ahhing with great glee!

• Visited February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“ORO......OMG!!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Never really eaten tapas before so we knew very little about them. Our waiter, Ira J. explained to us to order and share but to order throughout our meal. That way when we get full, then you just don't order any more food. We started with truffle Mac n Cheese....holy mackerel!!!! Followed by the Caramelized pork belly (never tried before) and by far this was the BEST item of the night....then we ordered the Beet salad with goat cheese....delish!!!!! Last was the oven baked duck breast with red cabbage and purée parsnip....good! Out of these 4 the pork belly and beets were my favorite and for my husband, he loved the Mac n cheese and pork belly. We left room for dessert.....the BANANA BREAD PUDDING was to die for in all honesty!!!! We also had the Chocolate Flourless torte which was good but no comparison to the banana bread pudding. Our waiter, Ira J. did great on recommending his favorites which we highly agreed on. If we lived in Raleigh ORO would be dangerous for us :-) !! Can't wait to come here again. I'm a review type person so if this helps anyone then I've done my job. I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel and review ORO.....we just left there and I'm still dreaming about that pork belly! Happy Eating!!

Visited March 2014
“Our New Special Occasion Go To”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We delayed our Valentine's Day dinner by one week to avoid the crowds but we wanted to select a restaurant that we had not been to before or one that we thoroughly enjoyed regardless of price in the past. Oro came to mind as a place we recalled enjoying EVERYTHING that we ordered but was expensive enough as a special occasion restaurant.

This time, instead of ordering wines by the glass, we found that by ordering by the bottle we were able to save $$$.

Again, the food was as we remembered ... absolutely the best that we have had by comparison to other restaurants. A few of the new items we ordered were the sweet buttered corn (to die for), the sea bass over braised short ribs (expensive for the small single portion - but I'd order it again), gnocchi (my wife had this but loved it), the beef skewers (we almost licked the plate of the delicious sauce), and the jerk chicken flatbread.

Everything was absolutely memorable including the green beans which we had ordered the last time.

I can only remember one other dinner that I enjoyed as much including the service.

Again, the price ended up better than we expected and we left with full bellies despite the small plate format. We had six orders (wine not counting).