“Truffle mac and cheese!”
Review of ORO

ORO
Reserve with OpenTable
ORO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wilmington
Description: ORO features generously portioned, sharable tapas-style comfort food re-interpreted for a modern palate.
Cary, NC
“Truffle mac and cheese!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The other Yelpers were right - the truffle mac and cheese was delicious!! Also fun was the trio of cocktails that you can try - I had the Jamaican-Me-Crazy, Skinny Cucumber (my favorite) and a Tequila-drink which I can't remember the name. For 4 people, we had the aforementioned awesome mac and cheese, soft-shell crabs (not my personal favorite, but the slaw was good - 2 small crabs that we cut into 4 pieces), 2 cheese/meat plates (could have used more cheese on this, plenty of salami and ham), the white bean dip (great), asparagus (ok - small portion), beef tips (delicious - 5 small bites on skewers), crabcakes (adequate but only 2 petite cakes to a plate). Probably could have used one more plate or dessert!

We had reservations for a Friday night at 6:15 so we could make it to an 8 pm show and we did with a few minutes to spare. Cool interior and the wine elevator was fun to watch. Service was good - they bring 3 tapas at a time and space it out. Table space is definitely an issue with drinks, water, little individual plates and the 3 large plates. Waitstaff come by quickly to clear plates.

Visited October 2012

“Great food, cool place”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ate lunch at this relatively new very contemporary restaurant in downtown Raleigh. Nothing on the menu is over 16 dollars. While the service was a little slow the waiters and waitresses are very professional in the way customers are treated. Very sleek restaurant with orders being sent in via I-Pad. I had tomato flat bread with a salad for 8 bucks and it was excellent. If you are visiting Raleigh you will have to pay for parking. There are plenty of vegetarian items on the menu. Highly recommended for the food. They also have a good wine selection.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Don N
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“great food, laughable service.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband an i ate there last week, and I was really looking forward to it. We were a little early for our reservation, but were sat quickly. I loved the look of the restaurant, and the vibe seemed energetic. We ordered a bottle of wine and a few "starter" courses, the mac-n-cheese and the crabcakes. The wine came out and we ordered our main courses, I got the salmon and my husband got the lamb. The mac-n-cheese arrived shortly thereafter, and we ate it right away. It was amazing. We were still waiting on the crab cakes, so i asked the waitress if she could check on them, she said she would. Then, my salmon came out (by a different server). When the waitress finally came back by the table, I told her we no longer wanted the crab cakes because our main courses were coming. She said she would check on it. Then my husband's lamb came out, but still no crab cakes. I understand that this is a restaurant that brings out the food as it is ready, but come on. That's a little ridiculous. The waitress came back by, and admitted herself that there was "no way the lamb was done before the crabcakes". So, she said she would talk to the manager and take care of it. I obviously thought that meant we wouldn't be charged for the crabcakes. We finished up and asked for the bill, and THEN the crabcakes came, which made me laugh until I saw on the bill that we were still charged for them. I told my husband not to worry about it, I was just ready to leave. So, we paid and were on our way out.Then, our waitress literally chased us down as we were leaving, yelling across the restaurant. When she caught up with us, she told us she was sorry, but she had made a mistake with the bill. I assumed she meant the crabcakes, and was going to refund us the money. She took my husband over to the bar to take care of it. When he came back he told me she had in fact made a mistake, and UNDERCHARGED us and she proceeded to MAKE HIM PAY MORE to cover the $10 difference . So, not only did she not fix her previous mistake, but we had to pay for her error TWICE. I couldn't believe it. I decided we should just leave, and I would contact the manager later. They were very busy and I didn't want to muck it up for any of the other customers.
The next day, my husband noticed that they had charged us THREE TIMES for the one poorly serviced meal. I immediately called the restaurant and left a message and then used the restaurant's website to send an email, mentioning all of the issues we had, including the triple charges on our card. I never heard back. My husband and myself have since called back three times and they have promised to remove the extra charges, but the charges are still on there.
This is some of the worst service I have ever encountered, which is a shame because the food was pretty good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sarah T
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sophisticated Urban Dining Spot”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The first thing you notice is the beautiful sleek interior of this new dining destination in downtown. Next is the comfortable seating and next is the great waitstaff. But the center stage is the food, a very interesting variety of small plates, beautifully presented and delicious. Shrimp and grits was not what you would typically expect, and it was great! An extensive wine list and a cool wine display at the front corner of the restaurant. Entrees ranged from salmon and chicken to three bean cakes and a nice selection of meat dishes. Desserts were delicious. A bit pricey, but worth it for the whole experience.

• Visited August 2012
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Menu is excellent - everything had great flavor, great presentation. Comfortable seating, friendly and fast service. Highly recommend - we had a large party and everyone was raving about the food!