“Average Hotel”
Review of Arena Suites

Arena Suites
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our week in North Carolina. The hotel was ok. Our first room had a broken toilet and we had to move to a different room. The rooms were huge which is always a plus and relatively clean. The staff were pretty clueless about everything we asked about. It got to the point that we just didn't ask questions anymore because they basically didn't know any answers. Breakfast very mediocre at best. Halls in need of an update. I can sum it up by saying if you pay more than $80 a night for this room you're wasting money. Not the worst we stayed at, but needs a little work for sure. Also, not in walking distance to the fairgrounds like we were told.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Arena on 3/21/09. I chose it because it was the closest to the RBC Center, less than a five minute walk.The hotel was clean & quiet.The room was large & comfortable. I would stay again the next time we see the Hurricanes play.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting at the university. The rate was slightly discounted for people attending the meeting. The staff was always friendly and went out of their way to help us. The shuttle took us to dinner a few times and also the airport. The continental breakfast in the morning was better than most places. Also they had free wine/beer and snacks every evening 5-7pm, Mon-Thurs. for guests. The pool was nice and clean. The room was much larger than expected with a mini-fridge and microwave, dining table, living room area and two comfortable queen beds. Overall we were very impressed and will stay here again for upcoming meetings.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 24, 2008

When I made my reservation, I was told there was a Damons next to it. There is but it is CLOSED!

I was told there is a shuttle service to airport, Nothing after 4 on Sunday.

I was told because of the weekend I was there, a lot going on, AAA wouldn't be honored. Found out people staying there ,some were honored.

Don't believe what they tell you!

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed January 17, 2008

STayed here when we went to the RBC Center to see a Hurricanes game. Didn't spend hardly any time in the room, but it was comfortable. If you are going to the RBC Center I would recommend staying here. You can walk there and back.

Stayed: February 2005
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the end of December for a horse show at the NC State Fair which is right next door. You can't beat this place for convenience to the fairgrounds or NC State!

Each room has a pull-out couch and either 2 queens or 1 king -- no doubles! The beds were just as comfy as those in higher end hotels (Marriott, Westin, etc) since they have extra-thick pads and comfortable sheets and covers. I was a little nervous, having read the reviews on this site claiming bed bugs and smoky smell, but I had no trouble with either of these things. My room was very clean and smelled nice (room 204).

Each room also has a small dining table which seats 4 people, a fridge and a microwave oven. The shower and toilet are in a separate room from the sink, which is nice when you travel as a family. The room also had an ironing board, iron and room safe.

I thought the hotel had great sound-proofing. I never heard the room of kids next door to me nor did I hear anyone above me or outside my room, and there were a lot of kids in this hotel.

The dining area was very large, which was great. I've been to some hotels that offer a continental breakfast that have 4 or 5 tables, but this one had 15 or more. There was a big screen TV in the dining area as well. We used this room to have a big group pizza party one night. For breakfast, they had the standard continental breakfast fare of danishes, fruit, cereal, juice, bagels, but also had a waffle iron to make your own hot waffles. That was a big hit.

Although we didn't use them, we did see an outdoor pool and small workout room.

The mall is less than 10 minutes away. There is also a Harris Teeter shopping center less than 10 minutes away that has a Starbucks and Caribou if you need your special morning coffee.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Date of Stay October 12, 2007
We have on occasion stayed at Choice Privileges hotels like Comfort Suites so we decided to stay the night prior to visiting the NC State Fair for an early morning start with the family. We arrived at 8:30 pm and immediately upon entering the room it smelled all throughout the room of cigarette smoke. We were told all other rooms were booked. We decided to tough it out due to a short stay only to wake up in the middle of the night to find out the toilet handle had broken. We were asked during check-out how the stay was and we shared our experience and as a Choice Privilege member we didn’t even receive an apology for the inconvenience for the stay. We will not be staying at this property again in the future or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family