“Nothing extravagant but definitely a place to lay our heads:)”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast
Ranked #50 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“Nothing extravagant but definitely a place to lay our heads:)”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Beds werent very comfy n neighbors down the hall were loud till pretty late.. However. Room was fairly clean and service was ok:)

• Stayed February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Raleigh - Northeast. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
buffalo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

the hotel was not very clean. I found an old razor in the the window sill, which i have a four year old daughter. the clerk want me to pick it up and throw it away. i told them no and that they need to come and do it. Which they then put on a glove before picking it up. The room seemed it was half clean. T.he pool area was very dirty. When we went in on Saturday it was dirty and when we went back on monday it was the same. The breakfast was non-existed. The noise limit was awful. One night it felt like someone was trying to break in. the whole home shock. Also the people across the hall where in and out all night long with slamming the door. When I complained to the manager he told me sorry and that he would get back to me, but never did. i would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Raleigh - Northeast. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We arrived at this hotel after midnight after the Tim McGraw concert. I asked the front desk lady could we use the pool and she told me that it was actually closed, but that it would be okay to use it. We went to the room and it was pretty good for the priceline price I paid. I am not sure I would pay the full regular rate for this room, though. There was a full kitchen with dishes, etc. The bathroom was decent. The bed was decent. The roll away sofa bed was horrible. It had no support and the girl who slept on it kept falling through the bottom. It's possible that the sofa bed isn't used often so the staff doesn't know it needs to be repaired/replaced. The indoor pool was cold and over chlorinated, but we used it at night. There was no breakfast on Saturday morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2011

A couple of weeks ago, I stayed at this location & was very disappointed with my room. The desk clerk on 3rd shift was rude to me when I checked in & it seemed as if I was an imposition to her. (I have stayed here before & am used to the staff being rude and distracted, taking forever to check in.) Perhaps she was more interested in her friends who appeared to be hanging out in the lobby? The room I got had 4 wash cloths & no hand towels in the bathroom. The bathroom & shower did not seem very clean by my standards. The suite type room I received had an air conditioner /heater on one side of the room & a fan in the wall to blow air to the other part of the suite. The fan did not work. This made one side of the room really warm & the other side freezing. The kitchen had one old dirty pot and one old dirty pan in the drawer. There was no creamer for coffee & only 2 packs of sugar on the counter. There was no do not disturb sign. There was no pen or paper (hotel stationary or notepad,) available in the room. Their website says under Homestead Suites Amenities: "Cable television with premium movie, sports, and news channels." This is not the case at this location. They have Dish Network and maybe 20 channels (which does include 2 Showtime channels & some news stations, and 1 or 2 ESPN channels,) however, this is not how I would describe "cable," and certainly not "full or extended cable," which most decent hotels have. My room had 2 televisions, but only one remote. This was a problem when both TVs were in use by two different people. The mattress was hard & very uncomfortable and the 2 pillows were mushy feeling. The carpets seemed dingy as did the curtains, which were not very good at blocking out day light. There was a lot of noise from other guests (banging) while I stayed there, so if you're a light sleeper, this could be an issue. Also, the elevator was out of service & I had to lug my bags up to the third floor by myself. There is an old, musty, burned food smell throughout the hotel, most prevalent in the lobby area. The air conditioners in the hallways (enclosed) are inoperative or turned off. The "free breakfast" consists of nasty, funny tasting coffee, bagels, and toast. There is no "breakfast" on the weekends -why I don't know, most people eat breakfast everyday. The "free internet" at this location is terribly slow & unreliable, however for an exorbitant rate, you can upgrade to a faster tier of internet. I honestly don't know who I'd recommend this hotel to, it is not a very clean property & this was my last time I'll ever stay here. I realize this is a very negative & poor review, and I DID try to think of something nice /positive to write, however I can't come up with anything. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ncfinepussy2
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2011

This is one of the very best Extended Stay America properties in the North Carolina area. Room is always clean and the front desk staff is always friendly and helpful I always try to stay at Extended Stay America hotels when I travel and this is one of my favorite hotels and I always choose this property when I travel to Raleigh. The hotels is close to downtown, the interstate although it is quiet and you would not know the interstate was there, also close to shopping Crabtree Valley Mall and the Town Center Shopping Complex as well as North Hills Mall. The breakfast bar is helpful and the internet is always very good at this location, all and all for the price you will not find a better hotel in Raleigh in this price group.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed in the Homestead Studio Suites Raleigh - northeast. Though we only spent one night there because we were passing through, we could have easily stayed longer if needed. The room was impeccably clean, the bed comfy, and the service great. We would highly recommend this place again. Considering what we paid for a one night's stay, it was definitely the best bargin in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Having stayed here 3 times in the past I was used to the front desk clerk being rude. When I was sent an electronic survey I filled it out to that effect and to the effect that at midnight I was asked to come back down stairs because on top of her being rude she forgot to have me sign somthing. I complained on the survey and was called by the property manager. The manager offered me a free night. When I went to book the night a week later I was told that the manager who offered the room was no longer there. No matter because they would still honor the room. Nevertheless, I used the night and was bitten by bed bugs. I saved one as proof. Not looking for money or any type of compensation I called the hotel manager to let her know. The insurance company called me and I explained to them (after they told me that the hotel found no bugs) that I was not looking for anything and I wasnt even sure why they called. I did tell them that with all of the law suits about bedbugs and the fact that I had no intention of pursing the matter they need to make the hotel accountable for anyone else that gets bitten. I told the insurance company that they would be liable because I TOLD THEM there were bugs in that room and the hotel is more interested in saving their reputation than correcting the problem. Bed bugs are nasty so if you stay there you are taking your chances. Granted I stayed there before without incident, this last time the bed smelled funny (like body odor) and the bed bugs. I am convinced the room had not been cleaned the way it should have been. My concern was for the next person unfortunate enough to stay in the room. This was my experience.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The bed bugs, hard bed, stinky linen and rotten staff attitudes
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)