“Compassionate staff.”

Ranked #48 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Compassionate staff.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My siblings and I stayed here January 27 and 28, 2013 to be with our Mother as she passed away at Wake Med Hospital. We arrived in a hurry without reservations and booked two rooms for the first night. We were emotionally exhausted. We had to rush back to the hospital the next morning not knowing how long we would be gone. The front desk staff allowed us to leave our luggage in the rooms indefinitely until we knew if we needed to stay another night or not. When we returned the second night a young man named Clyde working behind the front desk even offered some comforting words about death that really were wise beyond his years. During our stay the front desk staff even delivered a wine bottle opener to our room at our request. Somehow they found one for us. The continental breakfast was just what we needed our last morning there. I recommend the homemade waffle. Our room was clean. The big screen TV was nice. The suite fold out couch, microwave, and refrigerator were all clean and functioning properly. We are staying there again when we return for the memorial service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
raleighinn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I appreciate your time in taking the survey and looking forward to your future stays
.Thank you so much and we all pray God to give you the strenghth to bear the loss of your mother.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fountain, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was a nice hotel and we didn't hear our neighbors unlike some other hotels. The room was fairly basic but clean. The pool was also clean and warm. The front desk staff when we checked in was nice and helpful with directions. The morning staff (owner I think) allowed me to use the office computer to print out some information when the public computer's printer was recalcitrant. There was a second lobby like area on the second floor that was nice. To leave it required that you make a right and then an easy U-turn. Finally there was no onsite laundry machines but a coin op was close by. If I needed to go back to Raleigh I would likely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights, Dec. 30-31 2012, finishing vacation. Place was easy to get to, friendly staff. Room was clean. Fairly quiet, though the heater/cooler did buzz loudly when first turned on. Did get quieter after on for awhile. Breakfast was stocked, choices included instant oatmeal, cold cereal, typical pastries, yogurt, fruit cups, orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice, bagels, toast, English muffins, waffles, coffee. Will stay again if in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
raleighinn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We appreciate your buiness and also thank you for taking time to fill the survey.Looking forward for your future stays
USA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is quite a complex! But the generous attitude and helpfulness of the staff from the front desk to the maintenance help was friendly and personable. I enjoyed developing a relationship with the front desk staff... the breakfast nook manager and just chatting with the maintenance guys after my morning walk. Gave me a good start to each day! There's something about 'personableness' when making a living on the road. I would stay here again any time I am in the area. They had traditional rooms and one building that is just Suites (and they are sweet). If you prefer the suite versus the traditional room (and I had a balcony as well in my room - I love fresh air - so I opened the room up - every day and had lots of fresh air and sunlight) As a business traveler I had great wifi and enjoyed coming back to my room every day.

Room Tip: I', okay with a traditional room - no frills... but if you prefer the suites - again - they are...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The place was clean, the staff and management very cordial and helpful and housekeeping staff all very pleasant, especially the manager Nikki and front desk person Eva. They did go out of their way to assist me and make stay enjoyable. The indoor pool and fitness room was important to me because I can unwind. All the rooms have large flat screen TV to watch and relax.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
raleighinn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh NE - Medical Ctr Area, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
We thank you for yourtime in filling the survey and appreciate yourbusiness.
Thanks once again and you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

iv been to this hotel for the last coulpe of mouths the staff is very nice eva is the one who always makes me feel like im at home always talking with a smile on her face any thing i need to know or help finding a place eva goes out of her way for me and for other guest that iv seen ill be back and thats the only hotel ill stay at very clean rooms are very big and clean thanks eva for careing

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best so quite even when the motel is full
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mario C
We appreciate your business and loking forward to see you.