“Convinient and comfortable”

Days Inn Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #71 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The location for this hotel is very good, Free wi-fi, large and clean bed, microwave, coffee maker and other added bonuses make this hotel a good value and good location property. Don't expect much from breakfast though. Weak coffee has been commented before and there was no ham or cheese or anything not made out of flour and sugar, but if that's your thing, then.... However, eating out is never far way in Raleigh, so I don't think anyone will starve :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is the 3rd time staying at this property, and each time is the same room was very clean. When booking the room I asked that they put a clean comforter on the bed and to make sure carpet was vacuumed very well. For the price this is a good value. Very friendly & helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

kept clean in room, staff friendly, ample breakfast, but weak coffee by our taste. Excellent location for convenience, walked everywhere from there. Strange bathroom door in ours, difficult slide (good exercise). If room on to back may want to keep curtains closed, may be more natural history than you want.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Unclean and in poor repair. The carpet was worn and dirty, and torn as others have stated. My room had an inch gap between the door and the floor, so that I could hear every movement. I requested to move rooms due to noise as I could hear everything from the room across the hall and desk staff was helpful.

However, the second room had a foot long hair in the folded towels. It also was a "handicapped room", which meant it had a pocket door to the bathroom. The door immediately stuck and would not retract to leave an opening larger than a foot. The front desk staff came to bring me new towels and could not get the door to retract back into the wall, so I continued to have to turn sideways both nights to get into the bathroom. The bathroom while clean was in poor repair, with grout that needed replacing and molding missing from the entire left hand side of the door frame. They stated there was not another room available. I did sleep well with minimal noise in the second room.

I had requested and expected a room credit at checkout for the room issues between the two rooms. It was not given, and I passed six dead cockroaches in the middle of the exterior walkway when I checked out. I did not expect a luxury hotel, but I did expect basic cleanliness and functionality. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor. I share Ken's safety concerns as the exterior door requires a key swipe, but was repeatedly propped open with a door stop and the hotel is directly in the middle of downtown. I felt nervous coming back at night. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at- any price is too much!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night mainly for rest on our travels further south. The hotel is in a good location close to the bus station, museums and city centre. Our room had a huge bed and was very clean. Cable, wifi and a gym were all welcome benefits. At nighttime I didn't hear a peep and slept well.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel is so outdated! Dirty carpets, very old bed, outlet falling out of wall in bathroom, just to name a few things. The price was great, but I would rather spend for for nice place.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Very basic hotel and smelly. Room windows dirty and I'm concerned about leaving my car in this part of town. I would not recommend and disappointed that priceline.com lists it as high as they do. I've paid a lot less for a lot better hotel.

Room Tip: Don't even think of staying here. Pay the extra to stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple