Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Nice, Clean Hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights, newer hotel, friendly staff, clean hotel
Nice restaurants close by Brunos Steak & Seafood, Carolina Ale House, Mellow Mushroom Pizza

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Best hotel I ever stayed at. Great rooms and the friendliest staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They made you feel very welcomed and treated you like family. KUDOS!!!!! Really enjoyed my stay there and hated to leave.

• Stayed October 2010
Westchester County New York
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked this hotel 3months in advance to attend my nephews high school graduation in June. I had been there previously 4 years ago and at that time thought it was a lovely hotel.

We arrived at check in and were told that our rooms were not ready but they quickly got them together. We went up the elevator and descended into the hallway that reaked of cigarettes so badly that we started to choke. My husband who is allergic started to get itchy and his throat started to hurt.

I immediately went to the front desk where I told the customer service rep that there must be a mistake as I made sure the rooms were no smoking and were in smoking rooms when I was told that no our two rooms were the only two NON smoking rooms on the SMOKING Floor!!! I was flabbergasted - I asked to be moved and was told the hotel was booked....funny there were no cars in the parking lot. I asked the manager if he could see to it that somehow since the other guests had not checked in why we could not be moved, he told me not to be nasty and that he would get us a air cleaner.

We went to our room and started to unpack when we realized this was not for us. Even after the "air cleaner" was brought to our room, we knew we would stink and our clothes would stink so we left and went to Comfort Suites and paid less that half the price.

PLUS the pool was disgusting and green and CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!!!! When leaving I asked when the pool might be working and the manager asked if I asked before booking if the pool was opened. Totally ignorant manager.

DO NOT STAY HERE - BE WARNED

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Marisu1962
Ralrigh
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I booked online with TripAdvisor but changed my reservation the next day. I was given a confirmation number and I thought that was the end of it, however the charge showed up on my credit card. Holiday Inn told me I was given such a great deal on TripAdvisor that the reservation was unrefundable. Holiday Inn acknowledge my cancellation with the confirmation number and all I can see is that this enabled them to free up a room and double charge for a room. This is a pretty sweet scam! I am not happy and their only reply is I must read the fine print before I click on any reservation windows.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank scammedtraveler
WKFNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Raleigh/Wake Forest is committed to providing our guest with varies rate options. Some of the rates that we offer have cancellation penalties and prepayment is required. Our advance purchase rate is a special savings rate that we offer when booking at least one week in advance. The advance purchase rate does require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. The advance purchase rate is fully nonrefundable. When making reservations please be sure that you fully understand all terms and conditions that are associated with that rate. We value all of our guests and will continue to strive for service excellence.

Kindest regards,
Management
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Spent a week here while visiting family in Raleigh. Hotel is about 17 miles from downtown with easy access via NC Route 1 (Capitol Blvd). Hotel is new and very clean, rooms are spacious and include ironing board/iron, coffee maker, flatscreen TV and free wi-fi. Also, free breakfast offered a good variety of both hot and cold items and ran until 9:30 am (nice surprise after I overslept one day). There are several restaurants just across the street: Chilis, Red Robin and Texas Roadhouse; and more within a 5-10 minute drive. All are new to accommodate the many new homes in this area. Also, downtown is about 25-minute drive for more dining. Freeway access is only minutes away (10 min. to I-40 access). We liked the area because it's more of a residential area, lots of trees and grass, and a safe area. Overall, a very nice hotel in a nice setting.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Very clean. Very friendly staff. Great Neighborhood. Reasonable priced. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
detroit
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Stayed at a hotel last year in wakeforest. that wasn't even comparible to this hotel. Room was very large, Breakfast was GREAT. Location was a little off the beaten path but was not hard to find and was close to the main highway. WILL BE STAYING HERE FROM NOW ON WHEN I AM DOWN.

• Liked — breakfast and room
  • Disliked — stool for bathtub for disable
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
#24 of 86 in Raleigh
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
WoodSpring Suites Raleigh Northeast Wake Forest
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Address: 11400 Common Oaks Dr, Raleigh, NC 27614-7002
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
#15 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh/Wakefield. We are nestled near Wake Forest in the affluent Wakefield Plantation Community. We are just minutes from historic downtown Wake Forest and North Raleigh. We offer 94 tastefully appointed guestrooms that accommodate anyone from the business traveler to the vacationing family. Traveling on business? Our hotel is within minutes of the Sprint/Embarq Headquarters, Novozymes, Nomaco K-Flex, the Body Shop, and Alcan Incorporated.North Raleigh location is only 20 minutes from downtown. Here just to relax? Enjoy one of the area s beautiful golf courses at the TPC Golf Course at Wakefield, Heritage Golf Course, Wake Forest Golf Course, or Paschal Golf Course. Triangle Town Center & the WRAL soccer fields are just a short drive away. Our hotel is the closest hotel to the area s only sports and entertainment mall, The Factory. The Factory is also home for all soccer, hockey, and baseball tournaments. Want a little more excitement? Visit the Neuse River or Falls Lake and enjoy some canoeing, kayaking, fishing or just a relaxing ride along the river. Whether you are here on business or pleasure our enthusiastic friendly staff will assist you in all your traveling needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest