“Excellent stay at this Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Excellent stay at this Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was recently traveling to Wake Forest and needed to book a room late at night during my trip. I selected this property online via my mobile phone and it was a very good choice and value. It was a bit of a challenge to locate from the main road due to lack of data on my navigation, but I was able to locate it even without main road signage.

The hotel is secluded and near a business park, but the location allows for a quiet night stay. The room was extremely clean and well appointed for the business traveler. The high speed internet was very fast and allowed me to get work done quickly. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great night's sleep. Although I was only there for a few hours, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

The continental breakfast was very good and had fresh fruit and a variety of choices for guests.

If you are looking for a great stay in the Wake Forest area, I highly recommend this hotel as a great choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WKFNCManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear ComputerMaverick,

Thank you so much for the awesome compliments you have given our hotel. We always look forward to hearing that a guest's stay was enjoyable no matter how long or short the duration of their trip. Next time you're in town or just passing through we hope to see you again!

Asia King
Guest Experience Champion
Holiday Inn Express North Raleigh/ Wake Forest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here one night. It was a little hard to find but nice and peaceful once there. We had free wifi and a nice breakfast. Staff was very nice. There were several dining choices near by which is always a plus after traveling all day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear redbirdgirl1965,

I am sorry about the difficulty in finding our hotel. We are kind of hidden by trees and local laws do not allow us to put up signage. On the plus side this does allow for a quieter nights stay which I'm glad you enjoyed. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Asia King
Guest Experience Champion
Holiday Inn Express North Raleigh/ Wake Forest
Butner, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed just one night with out two grand children as there was a party at the hotel so we choose to spend the night. When I made reservations I specifically asked about couch making into bed for the boys...when we got there couch was a love seat and only big enough for one small kid!!

We also had to make up the bed...it was not pre-made even though I had told reservations kids would be using couch. Air was intermittant all night and it was quite warm. I let the front desk know in the am.

breakfast was good with lots of variety. All in all it was just an okay stay and would probably not stay again.

Room Tip: Hotel for us was a bit hard to find...had to call to find it..not much signage off of Capital Blvd...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear beachgoer46,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Even my GPS couldn't get me to this hotel's location, so we tried the old fashion way of looking for road signs, which still didn't work due to the sign for the street being very small.

I called the hotel and spoke with a wonderful and very helpful front desk associate; Jessie. She was able to get us to the hotel within minutes and made us feel welcome upon our arrival. Hotels need more people like Jessie on their team! We always travel with our dog and the pet policy was explained to me and we were very happy that the pet rooms are on the 1st floor. This makes it so much easier on my family. Our 12 year old loved the breakfast as well as the outdoor pool. When our son and dog are happy, my husband and I can relax which is what we were able to do while staying at this hotel.

The only complaint was the lack of signage for the hotel from the main road, but it was explained to us that the city will not allow this due to the property not being directly off of the main road. This is out of the hands of the hotel and we understand. We will be back and now we know how to get there...

Great stay! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

the front desk staff was amazing and we never had a problem with the room not being clean the breakfast was free and very good. There is also free wifi which was useful for our stay and free movie channels to watch a couple of good movies. The location is very good because it is both convenient to Raleigh and Wake Forest

Room Tip: dont worry about choosing a first floor room there are never noises on the upper floors
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

You've been to an HIE, this matches your expectations. Room was clean and nicely apportioned with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. TV provided a slightly better than average cable selection; Internet is fair, not great for a hotel, testing out at 1.8 Mbps down and 0.45 Mbps up. It's also quiet without the road noise from the nearby freeway. Staff was friendly and as other say, the breakfast lady really is kind to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel one night for a business meting. I had asked for a room near the elevator, as I have recently had spinal surgery and prefer not to walk too far at a time. Also, requested a room on a floor with an ice machine, as not all floors have one. Both of my requests were honored, when I was assigned my room. As a Priority Club member, I was also given a bottle of water, a choice of snacks, and two tickets for wine, beer or a soft drink at, to be used in the hotel bar and dining area, at check-in. My room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. They have available an excellent buffet breakfast, and will come your eggs to order. The only negative to this hotel is that it is located fairly close to a fire station and the trucks sometimes go out at night and you might be awakened. Thank goodness, all was quiet last night. However, it is located right off the beltline and convenient to many places in Raleigh. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay, as it has recently been refurbished.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Candlewood Suites Wake Forest Raleigh Area Hotel
Hampton Inn Raleigh/Town Of Wake Forest
Sleep Inn Wake Forest Raleigh North
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
#23 of 84 in Raleigh
Courtyard Raleigh North/Triangle Town Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Address: 11400 Common Oaks Dr, Raleigh, NC 27614-7002
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
#15 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh/Wakefield. We are nestled near Wake Forest in the affluent Wakefield Plantation Community. We are just minutes from historic downtown Wake Forest and North Raleigh. We offer 94 tastefully appointed guestrooms that accommodate anyone from the business traveler to the vacationing family. Traveling on business? Our hotel is within minutes of the Sprint/Embarq Headquarters, Novozymes, Nomaco K-Flex, the Body Shop, and Alcan Incorporated.North Raleigh location is only 20 minutes from downtown. Here just to relax? Enjoy one of the area s beautiful golf courses at the TPC Golf Course at Wakefield, Heritage Golf Course, Wake Forest Golf Course, or Paschal Golf Course. Triangle Town Center & the WRAL soccer fields are just a short drive away. Our hotel is the closest hotel to the area s only sports and entertainment mall, The Factory. The Factory is also home for all soccer, hockey, and baseball tournaments. Want a little more excitement? Visit the Neuse River or Falls Lake and enjoy some canoeing, kayaking, fishing or just a relaxing ride along the river. Whether you are here on business or pleasure our enthusiastic friendly staff will assist you in all your traveling needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest