Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for a business trip over a Thursday and Friday night. Check in was smooth, Josh was helpful and friendly. The first room we were placed in reeked of cigarette smoke. After reporting this to the front desk, we were moved to another room. The room was OK, but initially the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. I suppose this was because someone was smoking in an adjacent room, because the smell was intermittent. We were in a king suite, so the room was a little larger. We had a kitchenette area with a microwave and small fridge. The bed was probably the best part, very comfortable. The hallway outside our room smelled musty. Breakfast was complimentary and was average. Overall, I give this hotel 3 stars. While mostly clean with friendly staff, the smoking stuff was a major drawback , and for the money, a Hampton would have probably satisfied me more.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank humerus
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear humerus,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast, cleanliness and friendly staff.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the smell of smoke in the bathroom and hallway. I assure you that your feedback will be looked into. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel now twice and both times were good experiences. The complimentary breakfast is one of the best I've ever seen (and I travel a lot), the location is perfect for my needs.
My only complaint... last year I inquired about bringing my dog but was told that the policy was 25 lbs or smaller only so he was too large (42lbs), then I saw a Rottweiler (much bigger than the limit) staying at the hotel. Then this year we ran into a large 70 lb in the hallway, which by the way was supposed to be a "no pets" section. I had to board my dog. Either the hotel has a policy about pets or it doesn't. Also, the pool could use some maintainence (bottom needed painting) and towel container was always empty.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor, that way you won't have people stomping on the ceiling while you...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My meeting was next to the Hotel and I chose it for location. It is new, clean, and extremely nice. The value was terrific, the people were super. It is everything you want from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed over for my nieces' recitals. Paid 30% less on Priceline for my king room. This Express had no smell of smoke or pets, was very clean, and had friendly staff. The breakfast was typical, but did include hot items and was well stocked.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We travelled with our two dogs and usually you end up getting a not so nice room when you have pets with you but this one was really nice. The first thing we paid attention was how clean the room was and I did not smell tobacco like many other non-smoking hotels. Everything was in working order (TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, nice large shower etc). Room was spacious with loveseat instead of just a chair. Outside of the hotel was plenty of grass areas for dogs. We definitely would stay in this hotel again, only negative is if they are having meeting/party in their conferense rooms you can hear it if conversation gets loud. Breakfast was OK, their pancake machine was great. Best part is the housekeepings attention to detail.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aut0bahn
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Property was a little of the main road, but it's close to Walmart and a few restaurants. Check in was quick, but I found out that the pool was closed until Memorial Day. That was dissapointing considering the weather was perfect for relaxing by the pool. The rooms are roomy with a coach, small microwave, refridgerator. Bathroom was ok. It was the first time that I have seen a dropped ceiling in a bathroom. Reminded me of being in a basement. The bed was confortable with two choices of pillows, soft and firm. Main complaint was with the noise in the morning. Doors are really loud when they close. We had a weird noise which I found out was from the wind blowing. Free breakfast wasn't too bad. Overall it's a fairly small hotel with not much within the hotel or within walking distance so I wasn't too impressed. My parents paid for the hotel so I can't complain, but I would rather stay in one of the Hilton chain hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid the room by the elevator. Noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had to go to Wake Forest for my work and glad I chose this Holiday inn this go around., Everyone was very pleasant and the room nice and clean. I also appreciated the breakfast that still included low carb options! I enjoyed the location because it was also a nice and safe place to walk after a long day at work.

Room Tip: very centrally located if working in Wake Forest or parts of Raleigh
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
Holiday Inn Raleigh-North
#31 of 87 in Raleigh
Hyatt Place Raleigh West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest

Address: 11400 Common Oaks Dr, Raleigh, NC 27614-7002
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
#15 Business Hotel in Raleigh
Price Range: $108 - $130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh/Wakefield. We are nestled near Wake Forest in the affluent Wakefield Plantation Community. We are just minutes from historic downtown Wake Forest and North Raleigh. We offer 94 tastefully appointed guestrooms that accommodate anyone from the business traveler to the vacationing family. Traveling on business? Our hotel is within minutes of the Sprint/Embarq Headquarters, Novozymes, Nomaco K-Flex, the Body Shop, and Alcan Incorporated.North Raleigh location is only 20 minutes from downtown. Here just to relax? Enjoy one of the area s beautiful golf courses at the TPC Golf Course at Wakefield, Heritage Golf Course, Wake Forest Golf Course, or Paschal Golf Course. Triangle Town Center & the WRAL soccer fields are just a short drive away. Our hotel is the closest hotel to the area s only sports and entertainment mall, The Factory. The Factory is also home for all soccer, hockey, and baseball tournaments. Want a little more excitement? Visit the Neuse River or Falls Lake and enjoy some canoeing, kayaking, fishing or just a relaxing ride along the river. Whether you are here on business or pleasure our enthusiastic friendly staff will assist you in all your traveling needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Raleigh North - Wake Forest