“Just terrible!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just terrible!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Let me first say that Iam a put master and a KCBS member. I love smoking and grilling. Someone need to take a bunch of lighter fluid and burn this dump down. This is the only way anything will taste good! Iam so pissed that I spend money at this pretend bbq place. It was over priced and simply not good! The potato salad was a joke... It had large slices of potatos as if they are about to fry some chips! Just terrible...NO smoke taste what so ever. No flavor... I have been all over the world eating bbq but this place by far the worst!! The ribs are better and Applebees! Just terrible!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! The ribs did not appear to be tender at all. The only good thing about this place is that they do have good sauce and good customer service!!! That is all they have....well, wait my wife said the burger topped with bbq was good even if she had to wait 25 minutes for it.

• Visited July 2014

Collinsville, Illinois
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great place for BBQ!
Good location, friendly service, and great food.
If you are hungry and want a variety try the Shack Sampler.
Sauce selection is outstanding!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Aardvark68
WIlson NC
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Even though dinner here can get pricey, they have awesome food. The ribs and smoked chicken are delicious. I would not waste my money on the chopped chicken again, but other than that, I recommend everything! I do wish they'd give you a real plate to eat out of, but I have learned to deal. lol. Get there early or you will likely missed the smoked chicken, They offer several styles of bbq sauce, so my hubby and I can both be happy! You get LOTS of food, so we always go in with the idea of getting 2 different items and sharing. We always bring food home. It's casual atmosphere means anything goes.....who wants to eat ribs in a dress, anyway? ;)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank kmfleet
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dinner”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My friend and I went to Shane's to have dinner during a weeknight. We were impressed with the amount of food, the taste, freshness, the helpfulness of the staff. We ended with full racks of ribs and the fix ins. The flavor and tenderness of the ribs is some of the better than have had in years.

• Visited January 2014
Clayton, NC
“Not as good as it used to be.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We first ate at Shane's Rib Shack (Triangle Town Center area) about a year ago and really enjoyed it. This visit, both my husband and I thought the ribs tasted more like vinegar than they used to. The meat was tender, but also quite fatty. The menu now offers sweet potato fries, but I'm not sure that's enough to make us go back.

Pluses: The restaurant is clean (though the table cloths are worn -- some torn). The staff is friendly. Food is served quickly.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Shane's Rib Shack? Share your experiences!