“Lots of Food and Great Adult Beverages”
Review of Piola

Piola
Ranked #275 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 7, 2012

As stated, the food comes in massive portions and was done very well. The drink menu is fun and creative. I would return here for the drinks alone.

Ambiance is upscale. Well attended business crowd. Lunch for 1 is ~$25.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been hearing about PIOLA for a while but had somehow never managed to make it by. On Sunday, Oct. 13th I finally took the time to saunter down to check this place out. I was on a break from work which is located just a block away. It was a beautiful fall day, sunny with a light breeze and and the temperature was an unseasonable 75. I was desperate to try something new.I had 2 hours to kill so I thought I would take a good book and sit outside to relax on Piola's well manicured patio. It was the late afternoon. there were several other customers seated in the dining room and a couple more outside. It wasn't terribly busy but just enough to people watch. The host sat me at a corner 2 top. Within minutes a server approached and took my drink order, just water today. I was quick to make a decision about what my lunch would be, A Caprese' Salad for an appitzer follwed by one of their many pizza selections. I chose a traditional Margarite'. The server offered me fresh ground pepper and parmesan for each. I sat there for 1.5 hours enjoying my meal . What a great way to spend an afternoon! The only complaint I might have is that I never got the Servers name and there was some new conatruction going on across the street which was distracting. Otherwise, GO!!! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Piola is a pretty good Italian restaurant for a chain. The pizza is good, but no where near as good as Lily's or 518 West Soft drinks are in cans and two bucks. With a bar right there, how hard would it be to have fountain drinks? I will return to Piola on the 29th of each month when they have all the gnocchi you can eat with, I believe, seven different sauces. This costs eleven dollars, but it is fun to try all the sauces and they are tasty. The service when I went was efficient and friendly.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family ate here and the pizza was good, but not great. Vivace's Margarita pizza (just across the street) is much better. Soda's in a can are a bit annoying as they are $2 a piece and no refills. No sweet tea in Raleigh, NC is hard for a southerner to handle but I get it is supposed to be an Italian place. I rated this place a 2 because it is far overpriced for only decent pizza. I can get decent pizza delivered to my house for much less money.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My most recent dinner at Piola was excellent. The service was friendly and attentive. Piola has excellent pizza if you like thin and crispy pizza with a wide variety of toppings. They have a special pizza with a variety of vegetable toppings (Ortomisto) that is a family favorite. I have not yet tried their other food on the menu as it is hard to pass up a good pizza. I have to say their tiramisu is one of the best in Raleigh. This is a great place for a casual dinner before or after a movie at North Hills and it is great that they are open late for the after a movie late night light dinner.