“Wrong Time”
Review of Weinberg's - CLOSED

Weinberg's
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I must have came here at the wrong time because I see all these amazing reviews and I thought it was just blah. There was no one in the place when we got there for breakfast on Good Friday at 9:30am. Sign said to wait to be seated but there was no one around after a few minutes a girl came out said to sit anywhere. I ordered Scrambled eggs, Hashbrowns, Bacon, and White Toast. My Husband got an sausage, egg and cheese sandwhich on a keiser roll. It seemed like it took forever especially since there was no one else in the place. The bacon was burnt which is ok for me I like it that way. The eggs and hashbrowns managed to be overcooked and undercooked at the same time. Like the outside sat on the grill and got burnt and dry while the inside of the eggs and potatos didn't cook all the way and was still raw. My husband did not like his sandwich at all. Expected a patty sausage not huge links and the egg was suppose to be over easy but way over cooked and roll was bland. We're from NY and was so excited to have a "NY Deli" close by but I don't even want to try it for lunch since they couldn't even do breakfast right.

There are newer reviews for Weinberg's

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I decided to visit Weinberg's Deli on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Nestled in a shopping center, off Falls of Neuse Rd., it's not difficult to find. Decor is cheerful and basic. Staff seemed helpful, although the sign indicates guests should wait to be seated, I was told to "sit anywhere". I suppose this had to do with the rain and a very small group of diners inside. I was told the lentil soup was great (told that by someone I assumed to be the owner although he didn't introduce himself). Not being a fan of lentils, I ordered chicken noodle soup. It was full of large chunks of chicken, along with carrots, celery and noodles. Very warming on a cold, wet day. One of my goals for coming to this restaurant was to try their Reuben. I asked for it on marble rye, instead of the Jewish rye. The sandwich was well done with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and dressing. The corned beef was sliced thin and very tasty. The sandwich was nicely grilled and mine was served with a potato salad. Overall, I enjoyed my first meal at Weinberg's Deli. I look forward to going back on a weekend morning to try their breakfast selection. Prices are moderate; a cup of soup and sandwich cost about $12.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Loved this deli which reminded me of our neighborhood Jewish delis in small midwest town...great bagels..get them to heat and slice them to eat in or to take home. Chicken liver is like Bubbe's.
Pastrami comes in 2 types...romanian that has great marbling and flavor or the lean...all deli items will make you think you are on East Coast. Service is friendly..check local community papers for free soup coupon. We've eaten in for breakfast too and it's fairly priced and delicious. Great place to stop in on Sunday morning to grab bagels, lox, some brisket or pastriami and a couple sides for brunch at home or picnic in park. Not much ambiance, but its clean and family friendly place to eat in. Next to Harris Teeter and Weight Watchers in a strip mall setting.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The ONLY place in Raleigh to get REAL NY Jewish Deli fare. When you crave a Matzo Ball Soup, this is the place to go. Get the combo with the 2 cute little fried Kreplah on top. They were delicious, next time I will order a plate of those! The cheese blintzes were out of this world. So fresh and fluffy and the cheese was creamy and not to sweet. Everything is made fresh to order and you can really tell that it is made with care and a passion. The staff is very friendly and the owner is super nice. He really enjoys seeing people have a great experience in his restaurant. I love supporting local restaurants and small businesses so I hope that Now that we have discovered this little gem, we will be regulars for sure!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great Jewish deli food right here in Raleigh. If you are craving an excellent corned beef or pastrami sandwich, this is the place to go. Reminds me of an authentic deli from up north. The fried reuben rolls make a great appetizer. I also had the cheese pie for dessert, which is a very creamy cheesecake. Highly recommended.