“Service, quality reminds me of MidWest & East Coast neighborhood delis”
Review of Weinberg's - CLOSED

Weinberg's
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Mid-west USA
“Service, quality reminds me of MidWest & East Coast neighborhood delis”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Loved this deli which reminded me of our neighborhood Jewish delis in small midwest town...great bagels..get them to heat and slice them to eat in or to take home. Chicken liver is like Bubbe's.
Pastrami comes in 2 types...romanian that has great marbling and flavor or the lean...all deli items will make you think you are on East Coast. Service is friendly..check local community papers for free soup coupon. We've eaten in for breakfast too and it's fairly priced and delicious. Great place to stop in on Sunday morning to grab bagels, lox, some brisket or pastriami and a couple sides for brunch at home or picnic in park. Not much ambiance, but its clean and family friendly place to eat in. Next to Harris Teeter and Weight Watchers in a strip mall setting.

Visited January 2013

Austin, Texas
“Real Deal NY Style Deli Doing it Right!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The ONLY place in Raleigh to get REAL NY Jewish Deli fare. When you crave a Matzo Ball Soup, this is the place to go. Get the combo with the 2 cute little fried Kreplah on top. They were delicious, next time I will order a plate of those! The cheese blintzes were out of this world. So fresh and fluffy and the cheese was creamy and not to sweet. Everything is made fresh to order and you can really tell that it is made with care and a passion. The staff is very friendly and the owner is super nice. He really enjoys seeing people have a great experience in his restaurant. I love supporting local restaurants and small businesses so I hope that Now that we have discovered this little gem, we will be regulars for sure!

• Visited November 2012
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great Deli”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great Jewish deli food right here in Raleigh. If you are craving an excellent corned beef or pastrami sandwich, this is the place to go. Reminds me of an authentic deli from up north. The fried reuben rolls make a great appetizer. I also had the cheese pie for dessert, which is a very creamy cheesecake. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great little NY Deli”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Had this on my short list of places to try next time I went to the RDU area -- and found myself with free time last weekend when I went to attend a fund raiser -- so there I went!

It was everything I was hoping -- sit down service, but the menu was full bore "NY Deli" .. nothing I noticed was lacking from any place I've eaten in the big city.

There were only 2 of us, so my options were limited -- went with the standard hot NY Pastrami on Rye (1st cut) with extra meat. It wasn't as HOT as it could have been (maybe 30-45 more seconds in the steamer) but it was plenty delicious! Also tried to Chicken Noodle with Matzo soup. Ok, these matzo balls were maybe the best I've ever had -- really! OMG they were tender and perfect!

I also ordered a whole slab (2 Lb) of Pastrami (Navel) to take with me along with a loaf of bread. Will keep in the freezer til I need my next fix! :)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SJM-Weasel
Houston-Lisbon-Rio de Janeiro
“A Bit of New York in North Carolina!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

if you live in Raleigh, NC and are a relocated New Yorker or just anyone yearning for a perfect Potato Pancake, then Weinberg's "The Delicatessen" is a must for you!

The list of deli favorites from Matzo Ball Soup to a delicious Lox Platter or a refreshing Chocolate Egg Cream are all on the menu and each is as good as you remember from the old neighborhood.

The wait staff are pleasant and very knowledgeable regarding the intricacies of what goes into preparing each dish. There are even Deli and New York versions of traditional favorites such as Coleslaw, Macaroni Salad and Potato Salad.

I highly recommend a visit to this great deli and the only warning I will give you is to come hungry because the portions and sandwiches are sized to please a king!

Safe travels to you!