“4 of 4 stars (excellent, casual dining).”
Review of Chuck's

Chuck's
Ranked #32 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 26, 2013

(see explanation of ratings below)

Love the shakes. Stools are a bit uncomfortable.

Keep wanting to try the chicken sandwich, but always get pulled back to beef.

Great burgers.

About $15 per person, gratuity not included.

LOVE their shakes (especially with a shot of bourbon).

About my ratings:

Only high-priced dining establishments can garner five stars. Until TripAdvisor realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, TripAdvisor's rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish TripAdvisor would do the same):

1) fast food and "fast-casual", low-priced (no table service).

2) casual, mid-priced dining (table service, average entrée price: $10-$20).

3) fine, high-priced dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV's in dining room, average entrée priced at more than $20, can vary depending on the city).

High-priced dining can earn a max of five stars. Mid-priced dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were looking for somewhere downtown that we could pop in and have a good meal. Trip advisor helped us find chucks and the high rating didn't disappoint. The burgers were great and as mentioned by many others , the fries are killer.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I have lunch here while on business in Raleigh. The reviews were all correct stating that the burgers are great fries are exceptional and there are some very unique combinations. I also had a sample of the veggie burger and it was very good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been to Chuck's a couple of times and I am never dissapointed. What I love about this place is that you can get a gourmet burger, killer fries, and craft brew in a very casual atmosphere. Great place to grab a bite when you are on your way to other activities in downtown Raleigh.

1  Thank John U
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We enjoyed our burger dinner at Chuck's. I have had better burgers in Raleigh, but these were still good burgers. You do need to order the fries. They are VERY good. They supply you with really BIG napkins, and you will need it. The burgers are juicy. Simple menu.... burgers, fries and milkshakes(which we had for dessert). Service was good.

1  Thank REBELJOHN

Been to Chuck's? Share your experiences!