“Some of the best burgers ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chuck's

Chuck's
Ranked #36 of 1,444 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Some of the best burgers ever”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I work in and around downtown Raleigh and we make it a point to stop by chucks every week or two. They have some of the best and most creative hamburgers ever and the service is usually very good. The prices are very reasonable as well!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Derick J

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All about the burger”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent burgers here, recommended by some collegues. The Dirty South burger of 9 oz. was very tasty. There are only a few options and just a few variations is all you need. Staff is friendly and efficient.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Quinten L
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Okay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The burgers were good. I had the Spirit Animal and I couldn't really taste the burger. I would have liked it more if the flavors mingled rather than overpowered the burger. The fries and dips were amazing and the wait staff was great!

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Few Choices.... but a Great Burger.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you don't want to eat a burger, this is not the place for you. There are a few selections on the menu, but when you eat your burger, you know why. They know how to cook a mean (and different) burger. A lot of the menu items are local, and you may need to ask what a lot of ingredients and sauces are. We had a GREAT waiter, and I wish I remembered his name (young, white guy, beard, scruffy... eats 3 burgers a week, which I'd like to talk to him about). Anyway, he gave us lot of suggestions and really took his time for us - first timers. He warned us about if you like medium burgers, order medium-well. What made the dinner special was the spiked milkshake. I had a dark chocolate milkshake spiked with Baileys.... yum! We stopped at Chucks before a Red Hat Theatre concert (walking distance- a few blocks). It was fast, filling, and a good price (even the spiked milkshake-8$ and worth it.)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank uncwmel10
Macon, North Carolina
“We didn't even eat a burger, and still loved it!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for an appetizer on the evening of our tenth wedding anniversary. The plan, keep it simple. Grandma has the kids so we slide off to Raleigh to just spend a little "us" time.

My wife discovered Chuck's online, almost by accident. She was researching new places to dine and was interested in Chef Ashley Christensen, who she had seen featured on several cooking programs. Turns out that she owned three restaurants in the area. One was very elegant, one was high end comfort food, and one was Chuck's.

Short story long, we decided to start the evening at Chuck's due to my lovely bride's passion for good fried pickles, which were on the menu she found online. We called in our order so we could take it to go, however, once we entered the plan changed. What did my wife spy on the wall board that altered the plan? Why, a Cheerwine Float! What goes better with fried pickles than that?

So now we ask to be seated, and I know we aren't planning to have dinner for several hours, so I order the 1/2 pound Belgium fries with buttermilk herb sauce and a glass bottle Coke... made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. All terrific.

We finished off our pre-meal with a salty peanut butter and roasted banana milk shake that was exquisite. I found myself satiated until much later, and all the better for it.

The staff was great. The fare was unique. The atmosphere was simple but refined. This place made an old country boy like me feel like a bonefied "foodie."

We fell in love with Chuck's, and we didn't even have a burger!

• Visited May 2013