“Best tacos”

Gonza Tacos y Tequila
Reserve with OpenTable
Gonza Tacos y Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come experience the best Mexican restaurant in Raleigh.
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I eat here every time I'm Raleigh and crave it when I'm back home! Always experienced very friendly service and awesome tacos!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Gonza is great all around! The food is authentic and fresh, the service has always been courteous and professional, and the atmosphere is lively and exciting. Somehow Gonza manages to be a great place for dates, family gatherings, or just meeting friends. This restaurant has never failed me! It will be busy, especially on Friday or Saturday nights, but the food is worth the wait. The guacamole is fantastic and the tacos (from steak to shrimp to pork) are some of the best I've had. If tacos aren't your style, try the fish fillet over coconut rice or the "Mexican flag" of three enchiladas with three sauces. Make sure you have enough room for dessert, because the Talega is simply amazing! You will likely see the proprietor "Gonza" strolling around to check on you or fill up your water glass, so be sure to say hello. Bottom line, this is a great restaurant with amazing food and a fun atmosphere. Check it out, and you won't be sorry.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Have tried and loved everything on this menu - our kids love it, my wife te vegetarian loves it....if you haven't been, you're really missing out! It's amazing.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Many times you go to Mexican restaurants and it's the same ol same ol... it's good, but not great. Gonza's is NOT like that! Yes it's crowded, but clearly there's a reason! We started with chips, guac, queso, and salsa... home made and delicious. The Drinks were good- Margaritas, Mojitos and a Paloma were enjoyed! The waiter apologized to my friend who ordered the mojito as they accidentally cut the mint on the same board as the jalepeno, thus making the mojito have a bit of kick to it. She tried it and enjoyed it! They should add a spicy mojito to the menu!

I believe the friends we were with ordered a chicken taco and chile rellenos -- both ate it all and really enjoyed it. My husband and I ordered the enchiladas mole. My husband had chicken and I asked if I could substitute veggies (which they did with no problem). I really wish I could have finished my plate-- it was that good! I was just too full!

The atmosphere is day of the dead themed. The owner is from Columbia.

Overall a very unique and delicious restaurant!

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This is just what I was hoping to find; a real Mexican restaurant that just doesn't slop a bunch of cheese on a taco and call it Mexican food. Everything was fresh and delicious. The homemade salsa was spot on. The homemade Habanero chili aioli sauce was outstanding. Shrimp tacos delicious. The chicken tortilla soup was the best I ever had. Service was excellent too,If I ever get back to Raleigh, I will definitely come back to this restaurant.