“Try this for food from Colombia and Mexico”

Gonza Tacos y Tequila
Reserve with OpenTable
Gonza Tacos y Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,446 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come experience the best Mexican restaurant in Raleigh.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Try this for food from Colombia and Mexico”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here twice and we have enjoyed both meals. The flavors and spices anre outstanding. This is not your standard bland US-Mexican food. This food is full of flavor and taste. I loved the Colombian fish dish and would urge everyone to try it.

The down side here is that this place is conistently full and you need to get here early or suffer the long waits. This is certainly a place to stop if you are hungry for food with flavor in North Raleigh.

• Visited September 2012

Raleigh, NC
“It is good, but it is not over the top good”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food was very good, and the service was very good, but I am surprised there are some many 5 star reviews of it. It is a step up from many of the Mexican restaurants in Raleigh, but I would not put it that far ahead of them. Worth a try, for sure yes, worth going back now and then, yes.

My only real negative comment is that it operates in a different space in terms of the amount of food you get vs. the presentation - meaning its portions are smaller than many of the other Mexican restaurants, and with an emphasis on presentation. Part of my review my be influenced because I was starving at the time and actually wanted a larger portion.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank PSUDuke
Rochster, NY
“OMG you have to eat here.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was soooo good. We've always eaten at Dos Toquito's but tried this restaurant this time.....I think the owners are brothers??? Anyway...it was EXCELLENT and a bit less expensive. GREAT service. We had a waiter from Scotland (named Paco ha ha ) and it was great to meet him. Food was so good we couldn't stop talking about it. You won't be dissapointed. Sangri pitcher was great too.

Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I tried this place with my husband and we really enjoyed it. We were told initially the wait was 1.5 hours, which we thought was strange because there weren't that many people waiting. We ended up only waiting about 20 minutes before we were seated. The food and drinks were good and the service was great. We got gaucamole, which was fresh, and tacos. The chips and salsa was very good. There was a strawberry drink (can't remember the exact name) that was delicious. Overall, would definitely recommend! It reminded us both of Dos Taquitos in North Raleigh, but the food was a little better and it is cleaner. Similar decor.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ashley M
Chattanooga, TN
“Definitely worth it!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I was intrigued that the #1 restaurant in Raleigh was a Mexican joint in a strip mall, and after a visit I am now a believer! It's not your typical Americanized Tex-Mex slathered with melted cheese. They have flavors you just don't find often outside the southwest: tinga, mole, pastor. Servers were knowledgable and attentive, but a bit slow which was understandable due to the crowd. It was busy when we got there early on a Thursday and absolutely packed when we left. The tequila selection was impressive, but they need to add more beers on tap. I will be back!