“What a treasure....hidden in a strip center”
Review of Machu Picchu Peruvian Cuisine - CLOSED

Machu Picchu Peruvian Cuisine
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This new restaurant find was such a treat. Loved the ceviche and fried seafood assortment. My husband had a beef dish that was also delicious.

1  Thank LisaRaleigh_NC

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Growing up in Cuzco and Lima as the son of an American diplomat, I have delightful memories of the scrumptious dishes accented with creamy huancaina sauce and spicy aji that were served up at our favorite restaurants. I try to replicate the culinary experience of those years by dining at well-reviewed Peruvian restaurants wherever and whenever I have the opportunity in my travels. Machu Picchu stands out as a unique jewel of authenticity and fine Peruvian cuisine among the many good Peruvian restaurants I've experienced outside of Peru. Praising this restaurant only for its authenticity would sell it short. Chefs Victor and Gloria's attention to the exactingg selection of ingredients and preparation of a dish result in an exquisite dining experience every time. The eclectic wine list is dominated (not surprisingly) by excellent Chilean and Argentine wines. The service is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in choosing dishes from an extensive and interesting menu. I don't miss the chance to dine here on my regular trips to Raleigh.

2  Thank Patounico
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Every time we visit, we enjoy our meal. The tastes just pop out at you. Chrissy is a great server, the Chef comes out to greet you and check on how you liked your meal. Love trying different dishes that Chrissy is glad to explain or recommended.

3  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant! It's not 5 star, but it's not priced that way either. It's run by a couple that cooks the food to order. The waiter explains the menu in detail. If you are a foodie, you'll have a great time trying some of the more exotic dishes on the menu. It's not a good restaurant for picky eaters. Ceviche could have been more flavorful but the shrimp in rich creamy spicy broth, bouillabaisse, fried yucca and steak dishes were a hit.

2  Thank Shellens
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I visited this place with a group of coworkers when we were in Raleigh for work. The main course was amazing and had the most flavor I have ever had in a restaurant. If you like spicy food try the number 21, the sauce is amazing. Dessert was just as amazing. All of us in our group agreed that this was the best dining experience we ever had.

3  Thank Paul F