“First time eating Peruvian ...... WOW”
Review of Machu Picchu Peruvian Cuisine - CLOSED

Machu Picchu Peruvian Cuisine
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were searching for a new place for our "Friday dinner with friends". Searching on tripadvisor I saw that Machu Picchu was rated in first place in Raleigh, so we decided to give it a try.
We made a reservation in the phone and got there on-time, so no need for waiting for a table what is a rarity on a Friday evening.
The restaurant appearance is very good. Our waiter was the owner himself and we also met the cook. They were all very friendly and gave us a very good impression.
Since we didn't know much about Peruvian food, we asked him for some recommendation and we finally decided to follow it. The name of the dish we had is the Jalea (me and my wife actually shared the large portion option for 2). If you like seafood, you will not be disappointed with this dish because you will find all sorts of it in one single dish, and they were all very well prepared and tasty. The size of the dish is also very generous (we could hardly finish it).
Our friends ate other dishes and they said they also liked them.
We intend to go back to this place and explore other dishes we saw people eating, and they all looked very good. The spices used in Peruvian cousine are somewhat different from what we are used to, what makes this place even more exciting for us (finally something different in town).

1  Thank Bob_Creek

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This small Peruvian restaurant provides a quiet setting for a leisurely dinner with wonderfully crafted Peruvian inspired dishes. The ceviche is excellent, the huancaina sauce is very authentic, the aji de mariscos and aji de gallina (same sauce, different ingredients - chicken or seafood), is very good. The seco de res is also quite flavorful, although not always consistently juicy. The wine selection is good and this is the only place I know of in Raleigh where you can get Pisco... and various Pisco-related drinks (like Pisco Sour).
The staff is wonderful and the chef-owner and her husband are very attentive and interested in making the dining experience memorable.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have experienced many styles of Ceviche in my life and to my surprise this was tasty and original take on this classic dish.I am picky dinner when it comes to Latin food or any restaurant in general,the taste and freshness of the food was excellent, they exceeded my expectations.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I had a delicious lunch here. We started out with the trio of ceviches, yummm!!! For my dinner I had the Seco de Res which is a delicious braised beef with Peruvian bean stew. It was outstanding and I would definitely order it again. Our waitress was great and she had some wonderful ideas for us regarding our sangria. We are so glad we found this restaurant and will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travelled for business to Raleigh and visited Machu Picchu based on TripAdvisor ratings. It did not disappoint. They have some 12 different ceviches - I had the trio sampler and each was amazing! Also - don't miss the sangria - it is the best ever! I took the Lomo Saltado to go - there are so many tastes in this dish! Be sure to finish off with the Guanabana ice cream. I ate it years ago on the streets of Lima and the taste brought back that fun trip!

2  Thank Litaqueviaja