“Fresh and high-quality ingredients with excellent preparation...”

Mia Francesca Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mia Francesca Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 1,545 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
Description: Mia Francesca Trattoria -Tuscan Italian restaurant – located in North Hills – Raleigh, NC invites you to come and experience truly authentic, made from scratch, farm to table Italian cuisine. At Mia Francesca our chefs cultivate the freshest ingredients to bring you what true Northern Italian casual fine dining is – fresh, local ingredients, rustic, and made from scratch. Stepping into Mia Francesca Trattoria is like stepping back in time and space to Northern Italy near Tuscany – where food is and was crafted with simple but creative flavors, where meals were enjoyed with family and friends, and wines and desserts were never skipped – where food is celebrated along with the company of friends and family. At Francesca’s we bring this love of food to North Hills in North Raleigh, adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel.
Reviewed October 24, 2014

For starters, don't overlook the salads. The lentils with goat cheese and the fresh asparagus are excellent. Add a protein to either one of them and enjoy it as a meal. For appetizers, the calamari is a very nice portion with tasty sauces. Although the flatbreads are attractive with unique ingredients compared to other local places, skip to the entrées for a real pay off. Several dishes feature Marc Jacobs chicken. The half bird as part of the Pollo Maria is outstanding. For pastas, the seafood medley Is tough to beat along with the alfredo with grilled chicken. Spaghetti Bolognese might be standard fare for many however Mia Francesca kicks it up with pulled pork. The dish is very smooth and tasty ; a winner every time. If you have any room left, the profiterole's are outstanding with pistachio gelato. You won't find this in many places in Raleigh. For beverages, if you are a wine drinker try the Ferrari Carano Pinot Grigio. You won't find it in any stores in the city.

1  Thank Dave K

Reviewed October 23, 2014

So let me start by saying the decor is very nice. However the set up they have in the dining room is a little congested, maybe that had to do with the many large groups out that evening but it was weird nonetheless.

We had a large group of folks and our backs was facing some crying baby.As the night went on the baby moved on but then behind us, at the head of the table, a booth filled of people was sat behind us. It was a little crowded to say in the least for at least the beginning and end of our stay.

However, the drinks were strong and the waitress very knowledgeable to the items on the menu. It seemed like the poor girl had the whole floor which had 2 large groups and some rotating smaller groups. She was quick until she seemed overworked so I'm not going to hold that to her.

The food was pretty good here and there. The stuffed mushrooms were these tiny little button mushrooms. They were okay for what they were, but not great. The meat and cheese tray on the other hand was very good. Albeit a bit small. Perhaps better suited for 2 people. The meat might've been better if was shaved a little bit down. As in we had this LARGE slice of prosciutto that had to be ripped part since the bread knife provided was not going to cut through it.

The bruschetta it was very good. The bread was toasted and sliced to the right width. Sometimes you get these thick cut bruschetta appetizers and it's so large you only want one bite.

I ordered a veal ravioli/cappellacci. To me it seemed a bit over cooked but it was probably the prosciutto I was tasting. The tenderness of veal mixed with the chewiness of prosciutto wasn't doing it for me. Had I noticed it had it on the menu maybe I'd've ordered something else. But it seemed like everyone else liked their dish and I certainly liked it enough to want to come back and visit. Previously, I had gotten their seafood linguine and it was very good.

Caesar salad was nothing special but their tiramasu was very good.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

We love this place.The food is fresh and home made. The servers are always courteous and knowledgeable about the food and how it's prepared. The chef has an abundance of talent! We love all of this about this restaurant plus the atmosphere. I would call it chic meets rustic!

It's a must visit in the North Hills Shopping Mall!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2014

This place has low lighting and a true Italian feel. If you aren't afraid of heights, the second floor has a great view. The food is amazingly awesome and the waitstaff is courteous and knowledgable. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 19, 2014 via mobile

We drove about 30 minutes from home to the restaurant. My wife had lobster ravioli which she absolutely loved. I had chicken parm which was excellent. Our criticism is that entrees were in the $18 to $25 range which is on the pricey side for Italian, particularly when nothing is included with the meal, such as a side salad. But the food is excellent, portions large, and service good. Will I drove 30 minutes to visit again, probably, but rarely.