“Best Restaurant Experience of my life!”

Mia Francesca Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mia Francesca Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel
Description: Mia Francesca Trattoria -Tuscan Italian restaurant – located in North Hills – Raleigh, NC invites you to come and experience truly authentic, made from scratch, farm to table Italian cuisine. At Mia Francesca our chefs cultivate the freshest ingredients to bring you what true Northern Italian casual fine dining is – fresh, local ingredients, rustic, and made from scratch. Stepping into Mia Francesca Trattoria is like stepping back in time and space to Northern Italy near Tuscany – where food is and was crafted with simple but creative flavors, where meals were enjoyed with family and friends, and wines and desserts were never skipped – where food is celebrated along with the company of friends and family. At Francesca’s we bring this love of food to North Hills in North Raleigh, adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Last night we went in to eat dinner. We did not have a reservation and we were told it would be about 15-20 minutes, gave our name & phone number and was told that we would receive a text message. That was cool. All 3 hosts that they had on were so personable and nice! They were very well trained! After about 5 minutes, we were seated and our server, Casey, was the best server we've ever had! She was so nice and knowledgeable and her reccomendations were perfect! Whenever we needed something, she was there. I definitely recommend requesting her as a server! Our meal was fantastic and as we were leaving we were given a friendly goodbye and thanked for eating with you guys by the hostesses!

1  Thank Mikewood1

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had a great evening last night at Mia Francesca. This was our first time and we had a coupon to encourage us to come. The menu was a bit limited, but we really enjoyed our time, the ambiance, the server, and the food. The greeting was not the most engaging, but our server, Casey, more than made up for it. She was wonderful, offered good guidance on what to order, adjusted the menu for the vegetarian in my family, and was always there when we needed her. We both ordered different salads and the greens were fresh, flavorful, and with gentle but nice dressings. The speciality pizza was wonderful, nice crust and very flavorful. And my pollo piccata was great; the chicken was prepared just right, the pasta tasted fresh, and the sauce was not too lemony, just like I prefer it. And the fresh bread with olive oil and spices was a perfect started for the evening.

We will definitely go back and look forward to another nice evening. Maybe next time on the patio when the weather is a bit nicer.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My daughter was given a deal saver certificate for this restaurant for her birthday. We had been a couple of times before and she really enjoyed the food. She had a day off from school so we did some shopping and went for lunch at about 1:00pm. We were seated after only waiting a couple of minutes and were given menus and asked about drinks. The waiter brought my daughter her soda very quickly and that was the end of any service we received. The restaurant was far from crowded, there were only three other tables besides us. The waiter appeared to be busy walking back and forth past us to another table but never stopped or made eye contact. We were never brought any bread with oil which we had enjoyed before, perhaps they don't do this any more? We were never asked if we wanted any appetizer, which we had been looking forward to the bruschetta with avocado. We waited and waited and still no one came by. I watched the waiter and the hostess have a nice conversation with the chef. I sat for almost 5 minutes with my hands folded on our menus in case it was not obvious that we were ready to order. The waiter walked every way but by our table. I could not get his attention. I was starting to get agitated but we waited. Finally my daughter said that we could leave if I wanted to, she was tired of being ignored also. We left, also leaving the certificate on the table. They can keep their money, I have never felt so ignored for what reason I cannot imagine.

3  Thank BobbyB99
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I shared the Calamari appetizer. It was delicious and very ample, so much so we asked to take some home. My husband had the pasta Bolognese and it was absolutely delicious...very different and I had the Chicken Piccata which I loved. The atmosphere was very friendly, young people everywhere and the service was excellent.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This restaurant is attached to the Renaissance Hotel in North Hills, so it's in a great location, albeit maybe hard to notice if you don't know it's there. The ambience is great - feels very Tuscan Italian to me - and they have a nice balcony where you can sit to get a view of the larger restaurant. The food is generally very good. We've had some exceptions - overly salty pasta sauce one visit - but the norm is good, hearty food. I'd recommend the restaurant.