“BYOB - Bring Your Own Butter”

Simply Crepes Cafe - Raleigh
Ranked #81 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A full service, "polished casual" restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Beer, wine, specialty coffees & frozen drinks, served year round! We take the mystery out of crepes by fusing a French Canadian crepe, family traditions and American classics. Catering options include box lunches, party platters and customized on site chef solutions to enjoy at your office or home! Bon Appetit!
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Ordered traditional crepes with butter and powdered sugar and lemon. Was surprised to find they didn't even have butter for plain crepes except that thick weird tasting liquid stuff they cook with. So that's what they put in the crepes, and it really lowered the quality of the dish. No butter or margarine for diners, really?

Tried one more crepe with chocolate sauce. They say it was homemade but seemed rather Hershey-esque.

Service was ok and the decor tries hard to be quaint and charming, mostly with success.

I'd come back again only if I was having a serious crepe craving crisis, but otherwise I'll pass.

PierreHeroux, Owner at Simply Crepes Cafe - Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks for visiting our restaurant in Raleigh. Great suggestion on the Butter! Consider the suggestion implemented! We pride ourselves in serving fresh food with premium ingredients like our PURE MAPLE SYRUP and unique house made sauces, which you will rarely get in any other restaurant. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Best Regards,
Pierre Heroux

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This place was surprising! We all loved it! Breakfast lunch or dinner this is the place to go. I had a cinnamon apple breakfast crepe and it was incredible. My sister had the brie and Apple crepes and that was amazing as well. Service was great and the decor was wonderful. Feels like you stepped into a cafe in Paris. Dint forget to save room for dessert they are a must do! Love love this place and will return

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was a quant, fine and dine. I went on Sunday around 2pm. They were a bit busy, so it took a little time to be seated. However, once seated, the servers were very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu items. They held a brief conversation with me and my family about preferable foods and then suggested the amazing Smoked Turkey Gouda. HEAVEN!!!!!!, It was soooo good. We finished up and departed. I'm sure going to make this place a regular on the family outings list.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Sunday brunch stop while visiting in the Raleigh location. Sits in one of those "quaint" retail areas with lots of green space. Without reservations, we were seated in 10 no more than 15 minutes which was quite acceptable. There were empty tables available but am assuming there were suffering from a staff shortage...

Waited at table for 10 minutes without ANY type of acknowledgement. Not acceptable. A simple "I will be with you soon" would have met my service needs. Menus arrived and drink orders taken. Another rather lengthy wait. Very interesting and varied menu. Description-wise it certainly read delicious! Gluten free and vegetarian options available. Menu broken into Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner selections. Although not stated anywhere on the menu, all items are available at all times. Was disappointed in the timeliness of service.

Of the 3 items ordered, The Maple syrupy apple dish and the Buffalo chicken were well received. The Crepe Benedict was disappointing. One egg was hard boiled - requested soft- and the dish was cold.

Will not be returning as I am sure Raleigh has better dining choices available.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went to Simply Crepes for the first time this Sunday and had a great experience. I have to admit to being a little skeptical at first due to some not so great reviews but that turned around quickly. Our sever Gabe, did an awesome job taking care of us. I was pleased by the number of choices on the menu, who knew you can do so much with a crepe. Will definitely return