“A Daily Needed Experience”

Simply Crepes Cafe - Raleigh
Ranked #95 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A full service, "polished casual" restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Beer, wine, specialty coffees & frozen drinks, served year round! We take the mystery out of crepes by fusing a French Canadian crepe, family traditions and American classics. Catering options include box lunches, party platters and customized on site chef solutions to enjoy at your office or home! Bon Appetit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Daily Needed Experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was a quant, fine and dine. I went on Sunday around 2pm. They were a bit busy, so it took a little time to be seated. However, once seated, the servers were very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu items. They held a brief conversation with me and my family about preferable foods and then suggested the amazing Smoked Turkey Gouda. HEAVEN!!!!!!, It was soooo good. We finished up and departed. I'm sure going to make this place a regular on the family outings list.

• Visited March 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“Great idea - Execution needs improvement”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Sunday brunch stop while visiting in the Raleigh location. Sits in one of those "quaint" retail areas with lots of green space. Without reservations, we were seated in 10 no more than 15 minutes which was quite acceptable. There were empty tables available but am assuming there were suffering from a staff shortage...

Waited at table for 10 minutes without ANY type of acknowledgement. Not acceptable. A simple "I will be with you soon" would have met my service needs. Menus arrived and drink orders taken. Another rather lengthy wait. Very interesting and varied menu. Description-wise it certainly read delicious! Gluten free and vegetarian options available. Menu broken into Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner selections. Although not stated anywhere on the menu, all items are available at all times. Was disappointed in the timeliness of service.

Of the 3 items ordered, The Maple syrupy apple dish and the Buffalo chicken were well received. The Crepe Benedict was disappointing. One egg was hard boiled - requested soft- and the dish was cold.

Will not be returning as I am sure Raleigh has better dining choices available.

• Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Crepes”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went to Simply Crepes for the first time this Sunday and had a great experience. I have to admit to being a little skeptical at first due to some not so great reviews but that turned around quickly. Our sever Gabe, did an awesome job taking care of us. I was pleased by the number of choices on the menu, who knew you can do so much with a crepe. Will definitely return

• Visited February 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Hoped for better...”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had seen this place on Facebook and was driven to visit from the online menu. The menu reads well, but maybe I chose the wrong crepe and just wasn't that impressed. The place is nicely decorated and there is outdoor seating. The service was below average - had to wait to get drink refills, meals were not served together, waitress didn't check back with us after food was served - just not what I expected from the well written website that they have. So, I'm giving this place an "average" rating, hoping that I just picked the wrong crepe and that service will improve - that being said, I would give it another chance.

• Visited January 2014
North Carolina
“Won't return”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Met with a friend for late lunch on Tues. Place is decorated nicely, but my chair had crumbs on the seat and table had a sticky spot right where someone's fork had been. This was 330pm and we were the only ones there. I ordered strawberry crepe, which seemed to be empty so I cut open to find 4 slices of what looked like a single strawberry. That was it. Crepe was cold and tasted like rolled up damp paper towels. It was also cold, guess not freshly made. Tried the loaded potatoes, again... Food was edible but nothing tasted freshly made. Applewood bacon bits were good. Friend had a Philly steak crepe, way too salty. Vegs inside were sweated but not carmelized at all. Overall, way overpriced for non-freshly made food. Was $35 w/ teas and tip. Won't go back.

• Visited December 2013