“Big spacious room, great night sleep”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Big spacious room, great night sleep”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great hotel. Convenient and quiet location. Room were huge. Love the layout of the room. You get a semi separator with one area with a comfy couch, desk and coffee and mini fridge and the other side of the separator are the beds. I love having an area where you can watch tv and eat and not be sitting on the bed instead. Missing 2 things that would normally be found in this level of hotel, a luggage rack and lotion. Aside from that, I would definitely recommend and stay again. Great value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at this location twice and have enjoyed both visits.
First thing I noticed is how clean everything is. The housekeeping staff here is superb. They are respectful, quiet ,friendly and do an outstanding job. I am very particular and appreciate a clean Hotel very much.
The room is spacious and comfortable. I like the TV and the bathroom set up. It works great when two of us are trying to get ready. Love the shower as well.
The exercise room is very nice. This is important to me so thank you.
location:
Not too far from everything but far enough away to be in a quiet area. seems safe and friendly. Sheetz ( gas and sandwiches) right next door.. hotel Has plug ins if you are driving an electric auto.

Room Tip: I was in a king. It had a great shower. one side looks over the parking lot, the other towards a bus...
Green Features: Very green hotel. Solar panels, electric car spots. green options.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had to pick a hotel close to our new office and I chose this Hyatt Place becasue it was right off the 40 Interstate and about a 10 minute drive from the airport. I wanted a hotel brand I could trust and this Hyatt Place held true to that committment. I could have stayed closer to our office, but I chose this because for the price it was a great value. It was $118 a night versus a $189 a night for a closer hotel, and that is a big difference. That $118 a night got me a great room, breakfast and very convenient to the Interstate and airport. I am a hotel snob so I usually only stay at higher end Starwood locations, but their were none in the area so I took a gamble and it worked out well. I would 100% stay here again the next time I have to visit our corporate office. Their is not much other than a McDonald's within walking distance, but the hotel does offer 24 hour food and beverage service. They even had a great little outdoor pool. The decor in the room was modern and updated and the lobby area was very pretty. The bed was very comfortable - it can be comparied to a Westin Heavenly Bed. All in all I have no complaints for this property and would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a nice clean affordable hotel close to the airport and centrally located then this is th...
Green Features: They try to practice environmnetally-friendly by asking their guest to reduce the number of times they request to have clean sheets and towels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

stopped here after the US open golf and staff very helpful. used the shuttle bus to take us to a local eating place and was very convenient. the rooms are modern and clean and good value for money. Need a car to get around but for a stop over ideal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed 5 nights while hunting for a house in Raleigh. Very convenient location to be able to get to many locations to meet the realtor. Everything was about 20 mins away - Pittsboro, north raleigh, chapel hill, etc.

Staff was very nice. I have a foot injury and was able to get an accessible room with easy roll in shower and wide open space to wheel around on my knee walker. Decent free breakfast - fruit, coffee, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, yogurt. They also have Starbucks coffee you can buy on site and they have cocktails and beer you can buy in the evening.

The only drawback is that the room was not a suite so the bedroom was open to the living room area. My husband is an early riser so we usually try to find rooms that have a door to the bedroom.

Nice outdoor pool area.

All and all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was just wonderful. Very spacious and clean, we really felt at home in our room. I really enjoyed the breakfast, you were able to enjoy a variety of fresh fruits and a variety of toppings to add to your oatmeal or yogurt. This particular location was great for us, it was close to different eateries and shopping centers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hyatt Place has become my new favorite hotel. This one is immaculate & seemed like it was recently updated. Separate living area with large sofa & mini-fridge.
Donald was working the front desk for our very late check-in & was very accommodating.
Four of us requiring 3 separate rooms were in a terrible auto accident and arrived at 2am. We were all starving, having been in the emergency room for 7 hours. Donald got us breakfast bagels & cream cheese, fruit, yogurt & waters. He was so sweet & caring. Just what we needed after the horrible evening we had.
Prompt hotel transportation to the airport with the sweetest gentleman driver!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business