“Great hotel but the staff makes it excellent. ”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel but the staff makes it excellent. ”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently made Hyatt place my preferred hotel and while this is my first at this property it does not disappoint.

Modern aesthetics, great design along the basic amenities at a Good value (reasonable rates). But the real difference is the staff.

Not sure where they find them or how they keep them but the staff is outstanding. After the first day I was greeted by name, they responded quickly and personably at every interaction. From the front desk and gallery hosts to the maint staff, kitchen staff and cleaners everyone was there with a welcome smile and a willing helpful attitude.

As far as the hotel goes the things I really like about Hyatt Place: fresh fruit always available, gallery open 24x7 for yummy food with healthy options, bar, fridges on the rooms, microwaves available to borrow, and in this location they are leed certified making you feel environmentally conscious as well.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Capitol Heights, Maryland
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times (most recently in Oct 2013) and it has become my hotel of choice when in Raleigh for business. The room is large, comfortable, and is consistently very clean. The separate seating area is nice and allows me to do work comfortably away from the bed (which is also very comfy). The AC/heat can be a little loud, but it didn't bother me. The staff has always been friendly, courteous, and accommodating. The location is great since it is less than a mile from I-40. It is right down the street from the State Fairgrounds, Carter Finley, PNC, and NC State and is situated in a place that makes it easy to get to Downtown or North Raleigh without taking the highway if needed. I haven't had a chance to try the cafe and bar, but I so see folks regularly enjoying it when I visit. This place is definitely worth a stay, especially if you are visiting the NCSU, Cary, Morrisville, or RTP areas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammy M
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night here to break up our trip from New Jersey to Georgia and it was definitely worth it. Although the location seems rather out of the way from Raleigh/Durham, the upside was how quiet the location is. The check-in location is not as obvious as it is connected to the cafe and bar but the concierge was very friendly and prompt. The lobby is open, well lit, spacious, and well decorated without clutter. We stayed in a king bedroom and it was clean and spacious. The gym had newer equipment which was nice (they have a seasonal outdoor pool that was closed but it looks pretty nice) and the free breakfast selection was good, with choices for both adults and children. The Tazo tea was my favorite!

Because we came in late we did not have a chance to get dinner before checking in and, as I mentioned before, we were pretty far out of the way to go back into a bigger area for food so we ordered from the 24/7 menu. We got the turkey club which I was impressed with (presentation, taste, and portion) but I only do warn you that the bread was stale. Also, there was a lady bug crawling on the wall in our room but I figured it's good luck so we kept it there overnight. And one final thing - our air conditioning system was super loud at some points throughout the night (right as it was getting ready to start up) but I don't recall it doing that in the middle of the night when we were sleeping so we were fine.

Overall, definitely worth staying in!

Room Tip: The even sides looks out onto the parking lot (but I don't know what the odd side looks out onto...
Green Features: I was really pleasantly surprised by the hotel's initiative to be more environmentally-friendly
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice size room with plenty of space to stretch out. Great service at front desk. We were there for a Hurricanes game and the Hotel shuttled us to PNC arena and recommended a cab to get back. No hassle of parking and trying to get out. We were back at hotel 7 minutes after game was over for a $5 cab ride! Breakfast was very good for this type of chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B
Clarksville, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The bed was so comfortable, the room was spotless. We had drinks at the bar and they were great, the food was pretty good, but it will fill you up. I would say if you have time go somewhere for dinner. We were there for a concert at the pnc center less than 5 mi away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Morehead City
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a newer hotel and it is comfortable, with a good breakfast and friendly staff. My only problem was the motion sensor on the air conditioning system. The motion sensor cut the cooling system off in the middle of the night and I woke up hot. I told the staff and they said there was a problem with the unit in my room and they reprogrammed it. I cannot tell you if that worked because I only stayed one night.

Room Tip: I requested a room on the upper floor which seems to be more quiet than the lower floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Matthews, NC
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and convenient to many events. We were in Raleigh for the State Fair and visited the NC Art Museum. Hyatt Place West was the perfect location for both attractions. It's also very close to PNC Arena and Carter-Finley Stadium.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple