“Great for Weekend Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
CA USA
“Great for Weekend Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

To be fully transparent, I'm a fan of the Hyatt Place design and service concept, which I was introduced to in Tempe, AZ last year. The covered entrances are very functional and it is super nice to have a 24 hr food service cafe/bar right there in the lobby. The rooms are large; I personally enjoy the separate lounge area from the bedroom area. The desk area is as functional as my home office.
I arrived late as in 1 am, due to flight delays, but no worries, my check-in experience was excellent as always. I was able to pick up a late night snack without going out of the hotel. Despite the late arrival, they still were able to meet my requested room type--a high floor. Check out the next day was quick and easy.
I'd recommend this particular traveler to anyone wanting to stay within a 10 min drive of RDU, and is looking for an upscale hotel without having to pay 4 star rates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Close to the highway and 10 mins to downtown, this worked really well for us, esp since the downtown hotels were really expensive due to the 31st Dec rush. With a nice breakfast to begin your day, this is a really good hotel option. Would stay here again!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I travel for business, selling a high-quality line of pet carriers and travel/show shelters, attending cat show and dog agility events. Sometimes I bring a cat for showing & demo.

I got the Hyatt for a phenomenal weekend rate through Priceline, because they said the hotel was pet friendly.

Fortunately, I opted not to take a pet. When I got to the hotel and asked about it, they said there was a$150 PET FEE!!! This is corporate policy. IMHO, this is highway robbery. If you're traveling with a pet, stay st the LaQuinta or Red Roof in nearby Cary...they're both decent.

That beef off my chest, on to the hotel itself. So very nice and spacious! It's tucked away in a corporate park, about 1-1/2 miles from the NC State Fairgrounds, so was very convenient for my stay. The staff, especially Katie and Henry (who is new) were friendly, pleasant and solicitous, as I arrived with the remains oif a killer cold.

They have 24-hour food survice, and my soup and bruchetta were tasty, as was the wrap I took with me for lunch.

The room was ginormous! Really, a studio apartment size, with a corner couch in the sitting room area! I had a handicapped accessible room good shower. Also a fridge--standard in all rooms. Coffee maker, flat screen tv swivel stand, so viewable either from couch or bed. The king size bed was very comfy.

The freebie breakfast was mixed bag, but nice to have real plates and silverware. Fresh fruit were great. Avoid the French toast. The pre-made egg rounds w/ham & cheese were rubbery and too salty. Hopefully, Sunday's will be better. Stick with the cereal and fruit & yogurt.

This hotel caters mostly to week-day corporate travelers. The rack rate is about $139, $89 on weekends..or at least on New Year's w-e 2012. I got it for a LOT less.

• Stayed December 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at this location before the New Year and had an awesome rate - under $100! I'm going to guess it's because the location is near a business center and on a holiday weekend traffic is light. None the less I would pay much more to come back while traveling through Raleigh. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-40 so downtown is just a quick drive. We found the room to be spacious. Amenities were on par with what to expect of a Hyatt. My daughter said she had enough electrical outlets for more gadgets. The business traveler won't be disappointed at fast and complimentary wireless along with multiple inputs for the TV to rehearse presentations. The entire facility was sparkling clean. The cardio gear in the fitness center was new and in excellent shape - Life Fitness gear all around. A free breakfast was on par with other types of offerings at other hotels. I'll look for more Hyatt Place's on future trips!

Room Tip: My request at booking of high floor away from elevators was honored.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I recently spent one night in this hotel, which I booked through the internet. It was one of the nicest places I have ever been in. The room was huge with a living room area containing a very large couch and desk, small kitchen area with a coffee set up and refrigerator. The bed area had two queen beds that were very comfortable. The whole room was new and clean. The staff was beyond helpful and kind. I have nothing to even suggest in the way of improvement. I will definitely stay here when I am in RDU again. By the way, the price was very reasonable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uniquetraveler333
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We booked a King bed nonsmoking room through Priceline express deals. It was $67, including tax and fees. Nice, clean and quite place. The bed was very comfortable. I love the free breakfast, the bacon egg small sandwich, fresh hot cereal, juice and Starbucks coffee! The free Internet speed is also good to watch videos.

• Stayed December 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

What a pleasant surprise after a 10 hour car trip to be greeted with such friendly and hospitable staff. This hotel is new, clean, trendy and most of all, attentive to the needs of their guests. I love the fact that I don't need to leave the hotel to get good quality food. The menu has many options and they prepare it to order, you pick it up in the lobby and dine in the comfort of your room.
It looks like they have thought of everything, from the spacious rooms with all the amenities one could need to the bright sunlit lobby, bar and snack bar, this hotel ROCKS!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family