“Wonderful Hospitality, Order Take Out”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Hospitality, Order Take Out”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful hospitality at the Hyatt Place. It is the south so if you are from NYC or from the north, be prepared for slow service, it is just a fact of life down. This Hyatt Place opened in 2012 and while they boast being LEED-certified (does it matter to a guest, or was it better for a tax incentive), I think there were many poorly planned designs.

First, I am only on few stays from receiving Diamond status so I stay at Hyatt's alot. I still give the Greenwich Hyatt highest marks for their room designs because of the outlets on the headboards. I never see that anywhere.

Now for the good on the Hyatt Place Raleigh - v. clean. Great workout facility. If it wasn't raining I would of taken advantage of the hot tub outside. My colleague enjoyed their selection of beer. The bed was firm and comfortable. I liked that they had a separate living area. Free wifi and hot breakfast (which if you stick to bagels, fruit and tea) is great.

The bad: the food. Horrible. The worst. The hummus was edible but you are better off ordering take out or going in town if you have a car. The lighting! I get you cater to business travelers but halogen lighting in the rooms???? Really? Not flattering, uncomfortable and at the end of the day not worth the tax incentive that the Hyatt got to make their guest uncomfortable. The closest was also really tiny and honestly, when I first checked in, I couldn't find it! Also, the sink is outside the bathroom, which is personal preference.

I would stay here again but I would not eat the food.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same but I would request two queens as the layout is better than a king.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first time staying here!
I liked it so much that I booked extra nights!
Great room, brand new, Super clean, Nice staff!
I loved the upscale bath room touches too!
very easy to get to almost anywhere in Raleigh!
I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hotel was very clean . Relatively new hotel. Energy conscious hotel they even had charging stations for electric cars in the parking lot. My stay was fine until I found out that my daughter's leather jacket went missing from her room and she never took it out of her suitcase. Also, inadvertently I left an expensive beauty item behind and when I called the hotel that evening on the day I checked out, no one saw anything or recovered anything to be put in lost and found. Needless to say, I am beyond angry and wish I could say that I will never stay at a Hyatt in Raleigh again but because some things are beyond my control, I will. I will never bring anything of any type of value to this particular Hyatt again.

• Stayed November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2012

For a traveling working stiff this place was a great temporary home. My room has a king size bed, the staff is helpfull without being annoying and I never see housekeeping but they kept the room clean. If your company offers you the option of staying here take it, especially if your traveling alone or single occupancy. The room had good fixtures and a great size TV with above avaerage ammenities, Jacuzzi, pool and a workout room, trust a guy who has done this a time or two - stay here if given the chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
whiteville, nc
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stay in this location every month for business. I recently started staying at this hotel, which is very new. It is a luxury. The staff is so friendly and it is very convenient after a long day to come in, change clothes, order food from downstairs, and get a call to run down when it is ready. It is unusual to have a full bar and restaurant at your disposal in a hotel that is this well priced. The rooms are large, comfortable, and the televisions are huge. Great bathroom facilities as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at the new Hyatt Place for the NC State & Wake Forest Football game. A fairly new facility and everything was above expectations! Room was great the free breakfast was a nice bonus and the rate was fair. A nice plus was the proximity to the PNC Arena and Carter-Finley football stadium.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few time this fall. The property feels new and the staff is quite friendly. The comp breakfast is actually quite expansive. The firness facility is also a nice surpeise. Rooms are well-appointed and clean.

While the immediate area does not offer much in terms of entertainment and dining, the hotel is a quick drive to many more appealing areas. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business