“Great Deal!”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great location, great rooms. I am very picky when it comes to where I sleep and I must say that I was very pleased. Considering that you pay for what you get, it was very reasonably priced and very clean! Staff was pleasant and the area seemed to be safe. Outdoor pool and a cute little bar and cafe/kitchen in the lobby. Not exaggerating when I say little, but I appreciated that it was there if I needed it. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great business-style hotel located in an office park. It is definitely not in a touristy area and as far as I understand it there is not many places to eat in a walking distance. But if you have a car you are golden, since Raleigh is very car-friendly. The hotel is new and very clean. Interestingly it looks exactly like another Hyatt Place I stayed in Charlotte, NC.
Breakfast is pretty good. Their signature sandwiches reminded me of Dunkin Donuts, very rich but, there is a healthier fare like bagels and yogurt.
The hotel has a pool and a little outside sitting space. The rooms are huge and nicely decorated, although I found that there is not much of a storage space. The separate living and sleeping areas are great and I imagine family friendly, however there is no bathtub if you need to bathe a baby or a toddler. Overall it is a great value for a business traveler or family visit to Raleigh.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Hyatt Place is awesome! Upon arrival, we were greeting by the welcoming, friendly front desk staff. Hotel is very new and modern. Lobby was well equipped with cafe area and tables and chairs and small bar area for cocktails.

Great location if you are attending any event at the PNC Arena or Carter-Finley Stadium, it's only 5 minutes from venue. We were attending a concert there and they had complementary shuttle take us to/from the concert, which was a plus.

Rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. Complementary breakfast is offered and was very good.

Highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to the Raleigh area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights we went to Raleigh to pick up a puppy . The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and properly appointed. (we were on the third floor) Well maintained grounds, pool and work out space. Breakfast was very good, better than most hotel breakfasts. They have a snack section that is always open with a Starbucks in the lobby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. (I was surprised other reviewers found differently) They recommend two great restaurants we choose one Sullivans and had a fabulous dinner. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here with about 15-20 family members over the weekend. Let me say that every single person I encountered in the hotel was gracious, and eager to help! The hotel is new and has a nice contemporary design. The layout makes it easy to find your way around, even if you've never been there. Also, I think the hotel is LEED certified! They had a few parking spaces with the elecrtic car charging stations.

If you're looking for a clean, friendly place to lay your head, this is a great choice. Take it from a guy who works in the business.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harman H
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this property this past week and what can I say is "disgust" I found toe nails and broken glass in my room.The staff wasn't too welcoming either they seemed disinterested.For this to be a new hotel, I was extremely disappointed. It was an overall terrible experience and there needs to be a microwave in the room.You've been warned, stay at your own risk!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank cexilexi
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Staff was polite and professional, hotel and room was spotless. The only thing missing is a microwave

Room Tip: They do not clearly state nor add to your invoice that a $25 incidental fee will be charged to your...