“My favorite hotel when visiting Raleigh, NC”

Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersGold level
Wilmington NC
“My favorite hotel when visiting Raleigh, NC”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Hyatt Place is awesome! Upon arrival, we were greeting by the welcoming, friendly front desk staff. Hotel is very new and modern. Lobby was well equipped with cafe area and tables and chairs and small bar area for cocktails.

Great location if you are attending any event at the PNC Arena or Carter-Finley Stadium, it's only 5 minutes from venue. We were attending a concert there and they had complementary shuttle take us to/from the concert, which was a plus.

Rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. Complementary breakfast is offered and was very good.

Highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to the Raleigh area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights we went to Raleigh to pick up a puppy . The room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and properly appointed. (we were on the third floor) Well maintained grounds, pool and work out space. Breakfast was very good, better than most hotel breakfasts. They have a snack section that is always open with a Starbucks in the lobby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. (I was surprised other reviewers found differently) They recommend two great restaurants we choose one Sullivans and had a fabulous dinner. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here with about 15-20 family members over the weekend. Let me say that every single person I encountered in the hotel was gracious, and eager to help! The hotel is new and has a nice contemporary design. The layout makes it easy to find your way around, even if you've never been there. Also, I think the hotel is LEED certified! They had a few parking spaces with the elecrtic car charging stations.

If you're looking for a clean, friendly place to lay your head, this is a great choice. Take it from a guy who works in the business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Harman H
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this property this past week and what can I say is "disgust" I found toe nails and broken glass in my room.The staff wasn't too welcoming either they seemed disinterested.For this to be a new hotel, I was extremely disappointed. It was an overall terrible experience and there needs to be a microwave in the room.You've been warned, stay at your own risk!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank cexilexi
Norlina, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Staff was polite and professional, hotel and room was spotless. The only thing missing is a microwave

Room Tip: They do not clearly state nor add to your invoice that a $25 incidental fee will be charged to your...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My kids & I recently stayed here for an event nearby. Looking at it, it was nothing less than expected until we went in to check in. We had called ahead and was told an early check in would not be an issue, then once we arrived we were told we couldn’t be accommodated. When trying to explain to the lady at the front desk that we had called ahead, she cut me off and said there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak with someone else and I was told there was no one available and when asking for the manager I was told they would only tell me the same. This put us a couple hours behind schedule and really messed up our weekend. I really liked the hotel other than the staff, even at check out it just seemed they didn’t want to be of any assistance. We have stayed in the area several times and none of the other hotel’s staff have ever treated us this rudely. It wasn’t so much the early check in, it was with everything asked. If you really want this hotel to be successful, train the staff to be more helpful & understanding to your guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank classy_lady P
The Grand Strand
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here with my family while in town for our annual Animazement trip. We were about 8 miles from the Raleigh Convention Center (downtown). We arrived about 10am (too early to check in) so I asked the staff if we could freshen up before we headed to the convention center. We were directed to the large restrooms on the ground floor and we were given toothpaste since ours was packed away.
Overall the stay was great.Christie and Kirby at the desk were available and helped us with all we needed. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: new hotel property. all rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family