“clean and affordable”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Having stayed at a competing hotel in Wilson the week prior, where they thought "smoke free" simple meant removing the ash trays from the room, I found myself looking for an alternative place to stray on my way back from FL... I loved this red roof... Clean... I mean you could eat off the floor clean.... 100% smoke free and pet friendly... They have hardwood looking laminate floors in the guest rooms instead of carpet.. Giving it a much more modern look and it's much more sanitary than carpet. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay in Raleigh. Our staff is committed to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations. As you mentioned we are 100% smoke free. The hotel has been completely renovated. We are also a PLUS property offering premium rooms that feature a welcome snack, large flat screen TV's, extra pillows, plush bath towels, grab and go breakfast with upgraded amenities. At our property pets always stay free. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Plus and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Room 401 2 soft full size beds. hard wood floor. Perfect room. Off hwy 40 close to downtown. Room is clean no smells. Would return although everyone had problems with the wifi. What's with this trip advisor app? Must write 200 words.........

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay in Raleigh. We are a Red Roof Plus that features Premium rooms with a welcome snack, large flat screen TV's, grab and go breakfast and upgraded amenities. We are centrally located to sport venues, downtown and numerous restaurants. We are located right off interstate 40 and close to NCSU. I do apologize for the issues you had with the Wi-Fi. We are doing everything possible to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for trying our PLUS property and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've stayed here on business and for personal visits. The upgrades and the attention to detail have set this property high on my list of value hotels. The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. There isn't a breakfast included, except for the to-go bag for the guests on the way out, but that's not an issue. Raleigh is full of great breakfast sites, and my business visits usually begin with a client breakfast anyway. Altogether, I've stayed at a lot of hotels for a lot more money and been disappointed with the value. The entire property is smoke-free and it's dog-friendly. Don't let the perception of a Red Roof property to be "economy class" influence your decision. This is a real "Plus+" that treats you right

Room Tip: Even this "Plus+" rated property has premium rooms. Try the Premium Business King.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Doug L, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in Raleigh. We are glad you enjoyed your Red Roof Plus experience. Red Roof Plus offers premium rooms with upgraded amenities such as a welcome snack, In room coffee, large bath towels and a grab and go breakfast. There are many restaurants that are a short drive away and downtown is only two miles. As you mentioned we are 100% smoke free and pet friendly. We look forward to your return trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when in town for a funeral. I had stayed here previously with no issues. Came to town dropped my bags off and left. When I returned there was water in the bathtub and hair on the toilet. Because I know for a fact I did neither of these things I requested a new room and was given one promptly no problem. Got to the new room there was a few little hairs from either the housekeeper cleaning or either they just didn't check after the person who resided their before but I didn't bother to complain. Yes they have hard wood floors but no real breakfast, no microwaves or fridges in the room unless you get the upgraded ones. They charge you for the safe in the room unless you tell them otherwise. it's not really what you pay for as a "plus" hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Courtney H
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will discuss your review with our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen in the future. We do offer a grab and go breakfast in the lobby each morning. Microwaves and refrigerators are available in our superior rooms and deluxe doubles. You could also upgrade to our Premium rooms which offers a welcome snack of popcorn and water, along with an in-room breakfast/granola bars, a package of trail mix with orange juice and coffee. We hope you will give us another opportunity should your travel plans bring you back to the Raleigh area.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Clean room, laminate floors so updated and fresh. Location right off I-40 super! Price is right. Friendliest front desk staff ever! Most important though was that our small dog was accepted. We tried other places who answered a big NO! After 13 hours of travel, this hotel was an answer to our prayers. Thank you, thank you. Would use this location again, pet or no pet.

Room Tip: Third floor, very quiet room at end of the hall was perfect for us. A great night's sleep, very...
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Red Roof Inn's online reservation found me a room when the other sites said the property was full. As several reviews have indicated , the property was renovated and upgraded to conform with the RRI Plus brand. The laminated hardwood flooring is really nice...warm underfoot, clean, comfortable to walk on, even in bare feet.The beds and pillows are very nice, the bathrooms have elevated sink basins which are so much nicer than having to bend over to wash or shave, the bathrooms have new tub/shower enclosures and thick ,fluffy towels. The new office-type chair at the built-in desk was very comfortable for working on your computer. The coffee at breakfast bar was good quality. The rest of the breakfast-to-go is healthy but inexpensive fare...no made-to-order omelets, here. The net result was a great overnight stay at a centrally-located property and a good night's sleep for far less than half of the premium chains .

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was an amazing room,, CLEAN,,CLEAN,,CLEAN,,,, Beds were clean, NO stains or smells.. Bath was clean,,, I forgot my flops and had to wear an extra pair of socks after taking braces off of leg , and when We left,,,, the socks were less soiled than if I were in my own home...!!! Flat screen TV,, Wi-Fi,,, Entrance from both parking lots... close to NCSU and easy to find .... Staff were helpful,, Courteous, Breakfast in a bag,,, Danish and water,, Good coffee, even had my Splenda,,,, I'll Be Baaack... Of course,, said in and 'Arnold' sort of way....

Room Tip: Good First floor Handicap access...