Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Awesome stay! Stayed for 2 nights in this newly remodeled hotel. Diets time I've ever seen wood type floors in a hotel room. Makes the room seem very clean. High end sink. Nice sheets and mattress. Updated for the traveler with mobile devices. A plug in outlet on each lamp and 4 outlets on the nightstand by the bed!
Only downsides? Only breakfast offered is a to-go bag consisting of a water bottle and a muffin. Also, the bathroom seems small and doesn't seem to match the rest of the modern room. Very close to downtown!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Todd:

Thank you so much for the great review. We are very proud of our new rooms and so pleased to see that you enjoyed it. I, like you love the new nightstands with the multiple electrical outlets it helps when you have multiple devices to plug in!
We have just become a Red Roof Plus, you need to come back and try one of our plus rooms with extra linen, pillows and a snack box!

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

surprised my husband with tickets to see The Eagles in concert in Raleigh. Hadn't stayed at a Red Roof recently but this hotel came recommended and was minutes from PNC Arena. Staff were friendly and helpful. Pleasantly surprised with the rooms - our suite had wood floors! As we travel frequently with my husband's job we will definitely stay at Red Roof again and will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Karen:

So glad to see that you and your husband had a great stay with us and that the staff was friendly and accommodating. I spoke to your husband at check out and can tell you that he enjoyed the concert (it is a bucket list concert)! I hope when you and your husband travel from now on you will remember your stay here and give Red Roof Inn your business!

Thank you again and I hope to have you as a guest again (maybe for Billy Joel)?

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Having stayed at another Red Roof a couple of nights earlier and being mightily impressed, I decided to give another one a try. It was almost as good.

Since I was staying 2 nights, I asked for one of the upgraded NextGen rooms. Extra price (about $6), was probably worth it, but haven`t seen what the cheaper rooms were like. Excellent work area, comfortable beds, modern bathroom, flat screen TV.

They served a rather sad breakfast in a bag. On the one hand, one wonders why they bother if they can`t provide something more in keeping with the classiness of the property. On the other hand, they are competing with a Super 8 and Comfort Inn a couple of hundred metres south who would have the more normal "free" breakfast. And there are no fast food options anywhere nearby.

Location is great for getting into the city, not so great for nearby dining options.

The (refundable if you don`t use) $1.50 per day fee for the safe is going to get more annoying each time I stay at a Red Roof, until...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your great review! We feel we are on a roll also and are really excited about our new upgrade to a Red Roof Plus Property! You'll have to come check out premium rooms next time you are in Raleigh. Thank you again and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This has been our 5th or 6th time staying at this hotel. They have done a lot of renovations and it is looking very nice. New floors, new sinks and flat screen TVs. The rooms are just what I need for my swimmers and they are at a great price. The staff is very helpful. We will be back.

Room Tip: WE were all on the 2nd floor,in the front. No problem with noise. We just used the standard room w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Hunt Swim Team:

Thank you so much for the review and it is nice to know that we are your choice in lodging when in Raleigh we hope to see you again soon and please if there is anything we can do for our group when staying here to please let us know.

Thank you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Made a reservation and at check in, I was charged a different price and told the reservation prices vary from the real price. The non smoking room smelled like the smoking room at the airport. The room temperature was. 97 degrees. Yeah, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay, I am terribly sorry for the confusion over the safe fee, the GSR at the front desk has been shown where her error was and that your rate had not changed it was the safe fee. We have had some pipes burst in some rooms from the freezing temperatures so I am sorry that we had to set them higher than normal and no room should smell like cigarette smoke, I am very disappointed that my staff let this issue slip through there fingers. I have gone in and done a hospitality adjustment on your folio for the problems you encountered, I hope that next time you are back in the area you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

my wife and I stayed in the newly renovated suite!! Let me say that is like wow! large and up to date. Hardwood floors, flat screen tvs,pull out couch!!! Best deal in town! I would go back in a second.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetogrill
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for the "outstanding" review, we hope that all of our guest leave feeling this and feel that the rooms and service we offer makes you feel at home! I hope that next time you are in the Raleigh area you will choose to visit us again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The other hotels who accept pets are just so expensive when you add the pet fee!! This one was very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and the front desk staff was nice. The housekeeping staff did not acknowledge me in the hallway ( I had no problem with that). There was a team of three and they knocked out cleaning the room in no time. Great location in terms of easy access to everything. Will more than likely stay here again depending on what we are in town for and where we need the hotel to be in regards to that.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your 4 legged friend, I travel with 2 dogs so I appreciate what Red Roof Inn has to offer. I am pleased to see that you found out price so reasonable and hope that next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!