“Red Roofs are on a roll”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Having stayed at another Red Roof a couple of nights earlier and being mightily impressed, I decided to give another one a try. It was almost as good.

Since I was staying 2 nights, I asked for one of the upgraded NextGen rooms. Extra price (about $6), was probably worth it, but haven`t seen what the cheaper rooms were like. Excellent work area, comfortable beds, modern bathroom, flat screen TV.

They served a rather sad breakfast in a bag. On the one hand, one wonders why they bother if they can`t provide something more in keeping with the classiness of the property. On the other hand, they are competing with a Super 8 and Comfort Inn a couple of hundred metres south who would have the more normal "free" breakfast. And there are no fast food options anywhere nearby.

Location is great for getting into the city, not so great for nearby dining options.

The (refundable if you don`t use) $1.50 per day fee for the safe is going to get more annoying each time I stay at a Red Roof, until...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your great review! We feel we are on a roll also and are really excited about our new upgrade to a Red Roof Plus Property! You'll have to come check out premium rooms next time you are in Raleigh. Thank you again and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This has been our 5th or 6th time staying at this hotel. They have done a lot of renovations and it is looking very nice. New floors, new sinks and flat screen TVs. The rooms are just what I need for my swimmers and they are at a great price. The staff is very helpful. We will be back.

Room Tip: WE were all on the 2nd floor,in the front. No problem with noise. We just used the standard room w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Hunt Swim Team:

Thank you so much for the review and it is nice to know that we are your choice in lodging when in Raleigh we hope to see you again soon and please if there is anything we can do for our group when staying here to please let us know.

Thank you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Made a reservation and at check in, I was charged a different price and told the reservation prices vary from the real price. The non smoking room smelled like the smoking room at the airport. The room temperature was. 97 degrees. Yeah, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay, I am terribly sorry for the confusion over the safe fee, the GSR at the front desk has been shown where her error was and that your rate had not changed it was the safe fee. We have had some pipes burst in some rooms from the freezing temperatures so I am sorry that we had to set them higher than normal and no room should smell like cigarette smoke, I am very disappointed that my staff let this issue slip through there fingers. I have gone in and done a hospitality adjustment on your folio for the problems you encountered, I hope that next time you are back in the area you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

my wife and I stayed in the newly renovated suite!! Let me say that is like wow! large and up to date. Hardwood floors, flat screen tvs,pull out couch!!! Best deal in town! I would go back in a second.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetogrill
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for the "outstanding" review, we hope that all of our guest leave feeling this and feel that the rooms and service we offer makes you feel at home! I hope that next time you are in the Raleigh area you will choose to visit us again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The other hotels who accept pets are just so expensive when you add the pet fee!! This one was very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and the front desk staff was nice. The housekeeping staff did not acknowledge me in the hallway ( I had no problem with that). There was a team of three and they knocked out cleaning the room in no time. Great location in terms of easy access to everything. Will more than likely stay here again depending on what we are in town for and where we need the hotel to be in regards to that.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your 4 legged friend, I travel with 2 dogs so I appreciate what Red Roof Inn has to offer. I am pleased to see that you found out price so reasonable and hope that next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed there December 7th, 2013 while on vacation.

Pro’s:

• Close proximity to downtown Raleigh, less than 2 miles way-starlight shoot into downtown

• Rooms are not typical Red Roof Inn, hardwood floors, flat screen TV’s.

• Easy access from 40

• Bagged Breakfast

• Jason who checked us in was amazing-offering us some wonderful dining options in downtown Raleigh-very friendly & knowledgable.

Con’s:

• Sheets could have been a little cleaner

• Have to make a U-Turn to get back to the hotel when coming from downtown

Overall I would definitely stay there again-great value for the $$ & convenient to downtown Raleigh without paying downtown hotel rates.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back-less noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review for us, your feedback is very important to me. I am pleased to see that you think we have are a great value, with our new rooms it is a great value.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Red Roof Inn is a grat place to stay and a great value. It is very clean and the staff was so nice and helpful. If you have to be in the area you can not beat this for value being clean and just a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time our of your busy day to post a review for us, I am so pleased so see that the property and staff made you feel welcome. I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

I look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future!