“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Red Roof Inn. I was able to have my dog with me and the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. I felt comfortable because all the outside doors were locked except in the lobby and those are locked after a certain time. They provided you a "bagged breakfast" of oatmeal, an apple, and a bottle of water. The rates were more than reasonable. Will use them again in my further travels!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, the end rooms are more convenient when you need to take them out.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I am so pleased to see that we were able to offer you and your four legged friend a great place to stay, we try to be accommodating to those traveling with furry friends and I am pleased to see that we offered it to both of you.

I hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Walnut Cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the closest and least expensive when going to the State Fair. Very friendly staff, laminate flooring, CLEAN rooms. Less expensive with none of the things I usually do not need in a hotel - no coffee pot (there is coffee in the lobby), no refrigerator, hair dryer. Just a clean room with a good price. Will definitely book for next year's fair.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for so much for your review and I am glad we were "exactly what you were looking for", we are proud of our new rooms and with reviews such as yours others will learn about the great product we have to offer.

We hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Lumberton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very friendly front desk, clean comfortable room, attractive laminate flooring which i loved, clean bathroom, comfortable large bed. excellent location for my trip. right off the highway easy short distance to Fuquay-Varina and minute cab ride to downtown Raleigh. would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kendallbo
Clean, Friendly and Comfortable exactly what I am hoping that we are providing. I am so happy to see that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future!

Thank you!

Newport, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really like the new look for Red Roof. We chose this for it's location - right off 40 - easy to get to - and had a good nights stay. The floors in the rooms are laminate/hard wood with a bit of carpeting around the bed for comfort. The look and feel is clean and bright - the bathroom was clean - although the vanity area was small and the sink big - I have no complaints. The staff was friendly. There are lots of places to eat nearby - shopping nearby. Only one problem - the a/c didn't work too well - we couldn't get it adjusted...but we'll let the front desk know. We came to Raleigh for the night - and will probably stay here again. The girl at the front desk said that the breakfast is really more continental that full - and they recommend places to go for a bigger meal if you want that. The room is a great size - nicely appointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moreauak
Dear Moreauak:

Thank you for the great review! We try very hard to make our guest feel welcome and like you we love our new rooms. We are getting ready to become a Red Roof Plus property and will have a upgraded linen package, I hope you will be guest of ours again in the near future to experience Red Roof Plus.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We got married on September 21 in Downtown Raleigh and we needed a place for our out of town family to stay. A lot of people were skeptical because they have had bad run ins with previous red roof inns but I can honestly say that this Red Roof is wonderful! The new upgrades they recently had are great! Hard wood floors, flat screen TVs, new bathroom fixtures everything was new!! The housekeeping staff was friendly, prompt and thorough. I was able to get a complementary bridal suite and it helped make getting dressed and getting hair and make up easy. Surrounding hotels were charging 189-200 for a night stay...and that was the group rate!! Kelly and the Red Roof helped our family have a comfortable nights stay without breaking the bank!! We will defiantly be staying again!! Thank you so much!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keosha A
caniac27603, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for such kind words, we really enjoyed helping your family and making sure that everyone was taken care of, I hope you will be returning to stay with us on your anniversary. Once again, congratulatins and best wishes!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hallways looked like they haven't been vacuumed for a year, elevators looked skeptical, paint on the doors was chipping. Definitely should spend some time doing maintenance. Water pressure in shower was good. I only stayed one night for about 9 hours total. It was okay for this and the price was right, but would not want to stay here more than this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dsmacb
Thank you for you for feedback I have shared your concerns my my maintenance and housekeeping staff. I am sorry that the halls were not clean while you were here, they are vacumned daily so I am sorry to hear that you found yours dirty, as far as some of the door frames being chipped, I agree that we do have some doors that need touched up but we have been running full and this cannot be done when there are so many guest in the hotel (don't want to get paint on anyones clothes), we are in the process of having the elevator stainless steel redone, I wish folks did not find it so tempting to want to take keys to it.
We strive very hard to make sure our guest have a pleasant stay with us, I hope next time you are in the area you will give us another try and that we can prove ourselves to you.
Beaufort, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed many times over the past year. Phyllis and other staff members have always been polite and very helpful. Recent renovations are also a plus. Glad I discovered a new place to stay. If there is a negative, it would be getting on Saunders St during rush hour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Emmett:

Thank you for the great feedback and your continued patronage over the years, so glad to see that you like the new renovation and that the staff is friendly and helpful. I hope we will continue to see you when you are in town to visit NCSU, you know we love our Wolfpack Family!

Till next time,