“Very nice upgrade” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
North Carolina
“Very nice upgrade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof several times, and it never disappoints. The updated rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Excellent layout of the room with workspace provided and comfortable chairs. The smoke-free atmosphere is wonderful. Whenever there is a problem, it is immediately addressed and resolved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Gracias! We appreicate the kind words you have shared about our renvoation and what a great product we are offering, we really do try to make our guest feel at home and make sure that you have a clean and comfortable room! I hope next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have to say, my stay at Red Roof Inn was wonderful, the room was amazing and the staff was wonderful, they were polite and very helpfull, the best of the all, the hotel was smoke free, wow, you don't know how refreshing that was. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get to, right off the highway, literally, i turn off the highway and right into Red Roof Inn parking lot, i couldn't ask for a more convience location, I would definitely recommand this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Annette:

So pleased to see that you had such a great stay with us, my staff tries very hard to make sure our guest are treated like family and that your room is clean and comfortable.

Thank you for the feedback and I hope next time you are in Raleigh we will have the chance to serve you again.

Warmest regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel to Raleigh NC at least 1 day a week and more when I am involved in a project, and I have stayed with Kelly Kirk for 5plus years and if I had a problem she took care of it to my satisfaction. She is the Manager and you see her walking the halls, checking rooms, talking with guest. She has a lot of repeat customers from the state legislature and the Highway Patrol. The property is clean, safe, and I will continue to stay there, because it is very reasonable and close to downtown. The property is 100% smoke free, and has just been remodeled. I stay there so much I call it my second home. I have spent 4 out of the past 5 nights in a red roof inn, traveling for work. North Charleston, Durham, and Raleigh. You won't go wrong.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same. Stay 3-4 rooms away from the elevator, that is where the ice machine is and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fred H
Dear Fred H:

Thank you for the kind words and great feedback but I must say the general manager is only as good as the team under them and we have a superior team here at Red Roof Inn Raleigh. The staff is committed to offering our guest a clean, comfortable room with down home service, sometimes you might here y'all have a nice day instead of Mr. and Mrs. but it is done from the heart and with the best of intentions. I hope you will continue to choose Red Roof Inn as choice lodging while in Raleigh and during your travels!

Warmest Regards,

Kelly
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel! For under $100/night, this place is amazing. The location is superb; it's five minutes (tops) away from downtown Raleigh. It's also right off the highway- I thought this could result in a bunch of noise, but it was very quiet. We stayed one Wednesday night for a concert in Raleigh at the Red Hat Ampitheater.

We were able to check in early (around 10:30AM) after calling the front desk and notifying them. We paid in cash though we made a reservation online through their website. The attendant at the front desk, Phyllis, said she couldn't accept our AAA card for us to get the AAA price discount because the card wasn't current, though it still held all of the correct information for the AAA account. Though we were very polite to her, she was very stern with us and not accommodating or friendly. The room ended up being about $10 more without the discount.

Three of us stayed on the top floor (4th) in room 427. The elevator for the building was very stuffy, hot, and held a peculiar smell. Once, it smelled like steak. Another, like oranges. The 4th-floor hallway was less- but still- stuffy. Though this is a 100% non-smoking hotel, we smelled what seemed like pipe tobacco once. Our "neighbors" across the hall were exiting their room while we were verbally discussing it, and we didn't smell it again after that.

The room was very clean. The hard floors eased our minds as we were a little skeptical about putting our belongings down on dirty carpet. The beds were comfortable, and the sheets were soft. There aren't many channels to choose from on TV, but HBO is offered. No children's channels. The wifi signal in the room was always strong.

The shower/bath/toilet area was pretty small. The door to the bathroom didn't close (let alone lock), because it was too big for the doorframe. Water pressure in the shower was decent. The towels are decently thick but small; however, after two trips downstairs for more pillows, toilet paper, and towels, we weren't about to go back down a third time for more!

The night staff was very nice about getting more supplies for us (the ones mentioned above). We tried to have them delivered to the room, but they could only be picked up from the front desk. Room service is offered until 5AM, but we didn't order anything.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and I strongly recommend it to all others. You can't beat the price, location, and the quality of the rooms!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we try very hard to offer our guest a great product and service at a great rate. I am pleased to see the room was clean and comfortable but please accept my apology for the elevator smelling musty (there is no fan or a/c in it) we try to keep it sprayed and smelling fresh. I am sorry that there was a question on your rate, if you will e-mail me at i0256@redroof.com I will make sure that your rate is adjusted, I have spoke to Phyllis about this and it should have been done at check in. I hope you enjoyed your concert and hope that if you are in Raleigh again you will choose to stay with us once more.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Loved that the entire property is smoke-free. Great room with faux wood floors and a flat screen tv. Easy access to interstate and downtown. Will definitely stay again. Bonus ... If you play your cards right you can get in and out for about $60.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I am glad to see that you had a good stay and that you like our new rooms, we are very proud of them. I spoke to all of the housekeeping staff and showed them your review and pointed out they need to say hello to each guest they meet, even though they may not speak Engligh a smile can go a long way!

I hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again, we value your patronage!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We checked into this hotel for one night and we're reasonably satisfied with it. The rooms are pretty much brand new, very modern, with cheap furniture but who cares. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked great. They also allow pets which is a plus in my book. We ran into three cleaning staff people on the elevator the day we checked in and they were a little rude and spoke in Spanish to each other the whole time. The front desk clerks were great, there's a younger gentleman who works there that was exceptionally helpful and conversational. Good value for what you pay, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback, I hate to be biased but I have to agree the new rooms are great and yes, we do love our four legged friends. I am pleased to see that you had a great stay and hope that next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a very nice and clean lace to stay! The staff was really nice. The breakfast was in a bag which consisted of a bottle of water, a muffin or danish and a piece of fruit. They had coffee as well. All of the rooms had been redone. Wood floors, flat screen tvs, new beds and pillows. Very nice and clean place to stay. Will def stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
So glad you liked our new rooms and found them clean and comfortable, we strive every day to offer our guest a clean comfortable room with a quick smile and from your review I see that we succeded. I hope next time you are in the area you will be our guest again!