Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Friendly staff, very accommodating willing to work with clients to meet their needs! Plus staff had a great knowledge base of the area and helpful info for getting around! Clean rooms with lots of space!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Sue:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, your feedback is appreciated. I have to say we try to give our guest great service and to make everyone feel at home. I hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. I look forward to having you as a guest in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Red Roof property has recently had an outstanding upgrade. The room prices make this the best value in town. Inside the beltline, minutes from the center of downtown, and quick access to government buildings. The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help with information about the area. Like most Red Roof's, this doesn't have the breakfast feature, but it's a very minimal drawback. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, and the hotel has recently gone Smoke-Free. Makes the rooms and the whole property a class act.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for the great review, we are excited about our new product and so happy to see that our guest feel the same way that we do. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Red Roof Inn has just been remodeled, and it was very, very nice. The staff were very friendly. There was not a microwave and/or mini-fridge in my room, which I was a little surprised at. That seems to be standard in most hotels these days. Not a big deal, though, as all I used the room for was sleeping. The one thing that I really didn't like was there wasn't a coffee maker in the room. They had coffee downstairs in the lobby, though. There wasn't a continental breakfast, which also seems like the norm with most places. They had little bagged breakfasts (a bottle of water and an apple danish)

One thing I would recommend is to NOT get a room near the elevator/stairs if you can avoid it. I was in room 320, and could hear the door to the stairwell slamming shut all night long, and could hear people getting ice from the ice maker. Very thin walls.

Keep in mind, too, that this hotel is pet friendly...I was also awakened in the night by someone's dog barking.

I did like the fact that the doors to the rooms were all interior hallways...an added bit of security.

The hotel is literally about one mile from downtown Raleigh....that was nice.

All things considered, though, I would stay here again. Great value, nice hotel, good location. I would just ask to NOT be placed near the stairs/elevator next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Just a quick note to say thank you for your feedback, we do everything possible to make our guest feel welcome and at home. I am glad to see that you like the remodel, we are very proud of our new rooms and just an FYI so that you are not woken by a barking dog again, ask for the 2nd floor (away from the elevator :)) it is a pet free floor and we do not allow any type of pets on that floor.
I hope next time you are in Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've stayed here several time since i opened, but the new rooms are great and a needed change. the staff was okay just not exceptional. It is a hassle getting in and out due to the median, but a short trip towards town and a u-turn will get you back out towards Garner and a good selection of restaurants. It's certainly more convenient than some of the downtown hotels.The handicapped room was excellent with a large bathroom and roll-in shower.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter and be aware that they are renovating so expect noise from 8-5 weekday...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review, I really do appreciate hearing back from our guest and them giving their feedback to future visitors. I have to agree with you, we were long overdue for the renovation and I have to say we are so proud of the new product just the power strip with multiple outlets makes life so much easier when you have phones, computers and MP3 players to plug in. I am printing out your review for the front desk to review, I expect so much more than average from them!
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Driving to-from hotel a bit of a hassle, but worth it.
Place undergoing renovation. I got a newly renovated room- less than 30 days old. Fantastic, except ice machine not working. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, new mattress & bed linens, great writing desk, free wi-fi.
They offer breakfast, but not really worth thinking about- undrinkable coffee and a paper bag with a single inexpensive pre-packaged bakery item (muffin or danish) and bottle of water.

Very happy overall, after factoring price, this place was great.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am so glad to see that the new rooms were a hit, we are very proud of them and believe me when I saw as we walk in them we are still surprised over the big change from the old product. I hope you will come back to stay with us in the near future as we had irons/boards and blow dryers into all of the superior king rooms!

Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I Have come to Respect Red Roofs Cleanliness,& Great Staff. This Trip was extra Frustrating, since it was Easter weekend. There are Renovations going on which are welcomed,& Acceptable.
First The Check lady did not want to book me in for a room although the online specialist,& Customer service Rep said there were rooms. She kept insisting on other rooms. She Even offered that I go down the Road to other Hotels.I was Aghast! I quickly called CSR of Red Roof,who politely found me the room I wanted. When explained to the front desk Rep." she said they don't know what there Talking about(CSR). She even insisted that I go outside to my car ,& wait till she booked me. I refused ,& waited 45 min in the Lobby for her to finally check me in.
I asked for a Customary Breakfast bag of water ,& Apple Red Roof is Famous for which was behind her,& she refused.
....,,,, I was So tired I went to my room. It was Clean.
Later that day I attempted to use the toilet,& the water burst out the top of the toilet all over me. The water filled the bathroom floor,& hallway. I stayed in room 410. Front desk was called.Thank God the Check in lady was Gone. It was promptly cleaned,& fixed. I was already tired,& upset.
I did not stay the whole night ,& checked out early.

• Stayed: March 2013
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I am terribly sorry for the service you received, we usually receive very good feedback about our service and clean rooms, please accept my apology for the problems you encountered. I am unclear of what happened at the check in process but I am guessing you tried to check in before 1pm in the afternoon and the room type you requested was not available, when you called and booked your room with CRS they informed you we had the room but they do not not if it is clean or dirty which breakfast bags (which should have been given to you) are only available from 5:30am - 9:30am leading me to believe it was early in the morning.
I hope you will contact me so I can clarify what happened and try to make it right. Please contact me at the hotel number or via e-mail at i0256@redroof.com.

Thank you for the feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn in Cary, but decided to try the South Saunders location due to the convenient location for my business needs. When I arrived a bit early the Hotel staff was very helpful in locating a clean room so I could do some internet related work in the late afternoon. The newly renovated rooms were nicely appointed and clean. I will be sure to return!

Room Tip: I have found that Lower level floors are the first to be assigned, so Upper level floors may be in a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Richard:

Thank you for the nice review, I am pleased to see that Phyllis found you a clean room with an early arrival I have passed your feedback onto her. The new rooms are great and I am happy that you found them so. We are very proud of the new product and cannot wait for the renovation to be complete so everyone can experience the new rooms, just FYI at the end of May all of the superior king rooms will offer an iron/board and blowdryer in them.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!