Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“God value”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've stayed here several time since i opened, but the new rooms are great and a needed change. the staff was okay just not exceptional. It is a hassle getting in and out due to the median, but a short trip towards town and a u-turn will get you back out towards Garner and a good selection of restaurants. It's certainly more convenient than some of the downtown hotels.The handicapped room was excellent with a large bathroom and roll-in shower.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter and be aware that they are renovating so expect noise from 8-5 weekday...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review, I really do appreciate hearing back from our guest and them giving their feedback to future visitors. I have to agree with you, we were long overdue for the renovation and I have to say we are so proud of the new product just the power strip with multiple outlets makes life so much easier when you have phones, computers and MP3 players to plug in. I am printing out your review for the front desk to review, I expect so much more than average from them!
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Driving to-from hotel a bit of a hassle, but worth it.
Place undergoing renovation. I got a newly renovated room- less than 30 days old. Fantastic, except ice machine not working. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, new mattress & bed linens, great writing desk, free wi-fi.
They offer breakfast, but not really worth thinking about- undrinkable coffee and a paper bag with a single inexpensive pre-packaged bakery item (muffin or danish) and bottle of water.

Very happy overall, after factoring price, this place was great.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am so glad to see that the new rooms were a hit, we are very proud of them and believe me when I saw as we walk in them we are still surprised over the big change from the old product. I hope you will come back to stay with us in the near future as we had irons/boards and blow dryers into all of the superior king rooms!

Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I Have come to Respect Red Roofs Cleanliness,& Great Staff. This Trip was extra Frustrating, since it was Easter weekend. There are Renovations going on which are welcomed,& Acceptable.
First The Check lady did not want to book me in for a room although the online specialist,& Customer service Rep said there were rooms. She kept insisting on other rooms. She Even offered that I go down the Road to other Hotels.I was Aghast! I quickly called CSR of Red Roof,who politely found me the room I wanted. When explained to the front desk Rep." she said they don't know what there Talking about(CSR). She even insisted that I go outside to my car ,& wait till she booked me. I refused ,& waited 45 min in the Lobby for her to finally check me in.
I asked for a Customary Breakfast bag of water ,& Apple Red Roof is Famous for which was behind her,& she refused.
....,,,, I was So tired I went to my room. It was Clean.
Later that day I attempted to use the toilet,& the water burst out the top of the toilet all over me. The water filled the bathroom floor,& hallway. I stayed in room 410. Front desk was called.Thank God the Check in lady was Gone. It was promptly cleaned,& fixed. I was already tired,& upset.
I did not stay the whole night ,& checked out early.

• Stayed March 2013
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am terribly sorry for the service you received, we usually receive very good feedback about our service and clean rooms, please accept my apology for the problems you encountered. I am unclear of what happened at the check in process but I am guessing you tried to check in before 1pm in the afternoon and the room type you requested was not available, when you called and booked your room with CRS they informed you we had the room but they do not not if it is clean or dirty which breakfast bags (which should have been given to you) are only available from 5:30am - 9:30am leading me to believe it was early in the morning.
I hope you will contact me so I can clarify what happened and try to make it right. Please contact me at the hotel number or via e-mail at i0256@redroof.com.

Thank you for the feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn in Cary, but decided to try the South Saunders location due to the convenient location for my business needs. When I arrived a bit early the Hotel staff was very helpful in locating a clean room so I could do some internet related work in the late afternoon. The newly renovated rooms were nicely appointed and clean. I will be sure to return!

Room Tip: I have found that Lower level floors are the first to be assigned, so Upper level floors may be in a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard:

Thank you for the nice review, I am pleased to see that Phyllis found you a clean room with an early arrival I have passed your feedback onto her. The new rooms are great and I am happy that you found them so. We are very proud of the new product and cannot wait for the renovation to be complete so everyone can experience the new rooms, just FYI at the end of May all of the superior king rooms will offer an iron/board and blowdryer in them.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We made a last minute trip to the Raleigh Performing Arts Center and wanted an inexpensive, convenient location to spend the night . This Red Roof is it! Straight shot to downtown; near an Inter-State; gas stations; food and the NCSU campus. They are almost done with renovations. We stayed in the king room with fridge, microwave. No hair dryer or iron/ironing board. Probably could have requested one at desk. Furnishings were great-very updated. This was our first time staying at any Red Roof- will try them again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank runroad2
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our new rooms, we are very proud of them and have just opened up the first set of complete rooms. Yes we do have irons, boards and hair dryers available at the front desk but come this summer they will be available in all of our superior king rooms. We are so glad you enjoyed the new product and hope you will be back to stay with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the red roof inn. When our house wasn't ready for us to move in. And on Presidents day 2/20/13 at around 12:00 pm I hear water beating against the window of the hotel room. I jump up from a nap I fell off the bed all while the lights and alarm are going off. Scared me to death!! I then go to the window and too my surprise it's raining inside of the room. Just pouring. Its also raining in the bathroom. I don't know what is going on. Is there a fire! I grab my dog, we walk to the front desk. Ask the lady what is going on is it a fire! There is water everywhere in my room all my clothes and electronics are getting wet. She stated she didn't know what to do. She has called the fire dept. And her manager, she told me not to go back in my room. In the mean time my son comes back and then the firemen come they go try to figure out what is going on. Some 40 to 50 minutes later. The Manager said my son will help you get all of your things and move you to a suite on the 3rd floor. My son and the manager's son get our belongins everything that was in boxes is wet and destroyed. My IPAD, Laptop, my son playstation 3, and headphones, and IPhone is all wet.

Yes the staff has been helpful, until I get a call from the Manager that the Insurance adjuster will be here to look at your damage. I got the call one week later at 9:30 that the guy will
Be here at 1230. Well it's now 2:30 and no one has come yet. I open the door of my suite. Ask the front office person. She stated that yes he is here walking around. He should be here shortly. About 15 minutes later, the front office person and the Mantaince guy knock on the door. I open it and she tells me that the Maintance guy will access my damage electronics, I said the Maintaince guy! Really. How can he tell if my things are damaged. I don't want him to tell me anything. Where is the Manager. We all go down stairs and I speak with the General manager. She stated to me she would come look at it herself. But the Maintence guy comes along also. I am so upset. By all of this.

I call the General Manger and ask her would she allow the Mantaince guy access her damages. I don't think so. So I call a lawyer. I informed the General Manager of what I did. Well I then get a call from the insurance adjuster. ( really) so now I have to wait to talk to him. Also I took my IPAD to the Apple store because my IPAD isn't working right. It gets blurry, they tell me once water gets in it they replace it for 270.00. Because even if it is working today it will stop at some point.

The Insurance adjuster will be here next week. I will see what happens. Now let me be clear. The staff has been great. I just think the Insurance adjuster not coming to see me wasn't In good taste. And then them sending the maintaince guy up to access my damage wasn't acceptable by me. I feel likeI didn't get the proper treatment. We will be leaving in one more week. And we have been here for one month already. I will never stay at a red roof inn again. NEVER AGAIN!! The management should have handled this situation a lot better than this. Free week would have been good to start off with. I didn't ask for all of this. And to no have my electronics for over 9 days. Smh

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Very Upset:

As you are aware this was an accident, there is nothing we could have done to stop this, pipes burst in homes and places of business and it is not something we could avoid. As you stated, we helped move all of your items and even upgraded you to a suite which cost three times the amount you were paying and this was done to make sure you were accomodated and made to feel at home. We offered to let you use our washers and dryers at no charge so that you could get your clothes immediately dryed, as far as the insurance adjustor, we have no control over him nor his schedule, I am sorry if you feel they have not offered the service you expected. As you know we are still trying to do everything we can to accomodate you since you are still in house. As always if there is anything you need do not hesitate to contact anyone on staff, we are here to serve you.

Sevilla
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This Red Roof Inn makes for a nice north-south driving stop-over. Prices are reasonable, pets stay free, and the hotel is well-maintained. Staff are also quite friendly and accomodating. We used the Red Roof Inn in Cary (7 miles to the west) on our return trip - the Cary location is newly-renovated & $15-20 cheaper per night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the trip advisor review, my staff and myself are pleased to see that you had a great stay, we try very hard to offer clean rooms at an affordable price near the convention center. Our renovation has started and we hope next time you are in Raleigh you will come try our new rooms, we are very proud of them.

Thank you again!