WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #31 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Clean and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a clean,quiet and comfortable hotel. Jason and staff will help make your stay great.
There are many choices for food delivery, but nothing within walking distance. The convention center is about 1 1/2 miles away.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Quezmom:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, Jason and all of the staff are thrilled that you had a pleasant stay. We try very hard to offer our guest service with a smile and clean affordable rooms with a great location near the convention center. I hope next time you are in Raleigh you will stay with us again and try our our newly renovated rooms.

Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Room was great. Very clean, spacious, bed was comfortable, but pillows were too firm for me. Room had a refridge, microwave and coffee maker. It didn't have a hair dryer, but hair dyers are available at the front desk. This location is being remodeled in Feb. '13. Hairdryers will be put in rooms then. I'm not sure why they are remodeling, but, it will just be better. The staff are very nice and friendly. They have no breakfast, but you have to give up something to go economy class and still have a great room. They did have coffee and tea in the lobby and 'to go' breakfast bags that had a little pack of muffins and a bottle of water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am so glad to see that we were "better than expected", we aim to please! Thank you for the review and I am so pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations, this is something we aim to do with each guest. I hope next time you are in the area you will come check out our new rooms, we are due to be renovated next month and we are excited about the new product.

Thank you again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've long shunned Red Roofs but several months ago stayed where it was the only choice. I was surprised at the clean and comfortable, though basic, accommodations and have had a couple of good Red Roof stays since then. This was definitely one. Clean room and reasonable rate. Convenient for getting to downtown Raleigh. Only negative was total lack of any "working surface" (desk/table).

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the review and for the repeat trips you have made to the hotel. We aim to offer a clean, comfortable room at a great rate. Next time you are in please try our superior king room that has a nice work station desk, in room coffee and a microfridge, also, next month we are being renovated so we will have a new product to offer you!

I hope you will come try out our new rooms!

Colrain, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

i had the pleasure of spending the night in Raleigh. I chose the Red Roof Inn. the price was very reasonable for a friday night. It was only 51..clean room,,i felt safe there at night ,,all the doors in the building you had to use your key card. People couldnt just walk into the place. easy off the hwy,,easy on, Served the purpose. i would definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Sherrie:

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip advisor review, I am so glad to see that you had a great stay. We think we have a great product with a super rate for a downtown location. I hope if you are in Raleigh again you will choose to come stay with us and see our new rooms since our renovation starts next month.
I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while passing through on our way home from Florida. We chose this hotel based upon the cost and the reviews. It was by far the best "cheap" hotel that we have ever stayed in. I think it was recently remodeled, which probably helped, but regardless, the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the bed was nice and comfortable. We brought our 1 year old and dog, and both of them were comfortable as well. No, there is not continental breakfast, but the coffee/tea and muffin were great to tie us over until we went out for breakfast. In my mind, I'd much rather stay in a nice room then eat a crappy breakfast anyway. We'd highly recommend you book here for an affordable, comfortable night's stay! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior King...the bathroom was huge, shower was great and lots of space in the ac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Aaron:

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased to see that you had a good stay and believe or not, no, we have not had a renovation we are due to be renovated next month so I hope next time on your way through NC you will stop and stay in one of our new rooms! My staff and I pride ourselves on offering a clean comfortable room had at an affordable price I am pleased to see that we delivered!

Once again, I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. Love the renovations. It was in a great location for us. Shopping and dining was nearby. It always is a plus when the staff is friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your review. First of all let me thank you for the kind words especially since we have not been renovated yet (next month) and like many folks who have let us know what good shape the property is in for never having had a full renovation. We are very excited about the new rooms and hope you will come back and stay with us again and have a "fully renovated hotel". The staff thanks you for commenting on the service you received, we try very hard to have our guest feel welcome and at home.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1night on our way north to DC. No complaints at all. Room clean, bed comfy, shower hot. Easy 5 minute drive to downtown. Just off the highway but very quiet. Excellent value for money! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Leighton:

So pleased to see that you had a great stay my staff and myself try to offer clean rooms at a great rate and make our guest feel at home. I know you will not be in the area again anytime soon but when you are back in the Raleigh area I hope you will come check out our new rooms after our renovation, we are very excited about the project.

Thank you for the review, I hope to have you as a guest again.