“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Raleigh
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've long shunned Red Roofs but several months ago stayed where it was the only choice. I was surprised at the clean and comfortable, though basic, accommodations and have had a couple of good Red Roof stays since then. This was definitely one. Clean room and reasonable rate. Convenient for getting to downtown Raleigh. Only negative was total lack of any "working surface" (desk/table).

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the review and for the repeat trips you have made to the hotel. We aim to offer a clean, comfortable room at a great rate. Next time you are in please try our superior king room that has a nice work station desk, in room coffee and a microfridge, also, next month we are being renovated so we will have a new product to offer you!

I hope you will come try out our new rooms!

K Kirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Colrain, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

i had the pleasure of spending the night in Raleigh. I chose the Red Roof Inn. the price was very reasonable for a friday night. It was only 51..clean room,,i felt safe there at night ,,all the doors in the building you had to use your key card. People couldnt just walk into the place. easy off the hwy,,easy on, Served the purpose. i would definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Sherrie:

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip advisor review, I am so glad to see that you had a great stay. We think we have a great product with a super rate for a downtown location. I hope if you are in Raleigh again you will choose to come stay with us and see our new rooms since our renovation starts next month.
I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night while passing through on our way home from Florida. We chose this hotel based upon the cost and the reviews. It was by far the best "cheap" hotel that we have ever stayed in. I think it was recently remodeled, which probably helped, but regardless, the room was very clean, smelled fresh and the bed was nice and comfortable. We brought our 1 year old and dog, and both of them were comfortable as well. No, there is not continental breakfast, but the coffee/tea and muffin were great to tie us over until we went out for breakfast. In my mind, I'd much rather stay in a nice room then eat a crappy breakfast anyway. We'd highly recommend you book here for an affordable, comfortable night's stay! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior King...the bathroom was huge, shower was great and lots of space in the ac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Aaron:

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased to see that you had a good stay and believe or not, no, we have not had a renovation we are due to be renovated next month so I hope next time on your way through NC you will stop and stay in one of our new rooms! My staff and I pride ourselves on offering a clean comfortable room had at an affordable price I am pleased to see that we delivered!

Once again, I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. Love the renovations. It was in a great location for us. Shopping and dining was nearby. It always is a plus when the staff is friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your review. First of all let me thank you for the kind words especially since we have not been renovated yet (next month) and like many folks who have let us know what good shape the property is in for never having had a full renovation. We are very excited about the new rooms and hope you will come back and stay with us again and have a "fully renovated hotel". The staff thanks you for commenting on the service you received, we try very hard to have our guest feel welcome and at home.

I hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1night on our way north to DC. No complaints at all. Room clean, bed comfy, shower hot. Easy 5 minute drive to downtown. Just off the highway but very quiet. Excellent value for money! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Leighton:

So pleased to see that you had a great stay my staff and myself try to offer clean rooms at a great rate and make our guest feel at home. I know you will not be in the area again anytime soon but when you are back in the Raleigh area I hope you will come check out our new rooms after our renovation, we are very excited about the project.

Thank you for the review, I hope to have you as a guest again.

Four Oaks, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night to avoid the 2 hour drive back home after enjoying Raleigh's downtown night life (which is modest).
The staff at the front desk was perfectly friendly.
The room was average; the television had adequate number of channels (news/movie channels).
The wifi in the room worked great with no issues.
The bathroom and bedroom were both clean as were the sheets.
This hotel was certainly adequate for the month spent.

Room Tip: The taxi trip took about 10 minutes from downtown Raleigh's "The Big Easy".
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the review and we must find out what cab company took you 10 minutes to get to the Big Easy since it is a 5 minute drive! I am pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and hope you will come stay with us again once we are through with our renovation so you can try out our new rooms. We appreciate your feedback and ahnk you for the review!
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed here for 4 years straight, every Christmas season. The first year I was very hesitant as I generally avoid RR Inns, but we were on a tight budget and the reviews were good. The minute I saw it, I had a feeling it was in a class above the rest, and I was right. Very clean spacious rooms, Clean bathrooms, everything working perfectly. And probably the best shower I have ever seen in a hotel - water pressure is fantastic and a nice wide shower head...really really nice. The pillows could be better - they were fairly small, but my request for extras was met with no problems. Nicely decorated lobby for the season. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I was told by the guy at the desk that the 4th floor was for smokers, but I never smelled any cigare...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am pleased to see that the hotel and staff are meeting your needs. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate. Hopefully you will come back to visit us later in the year in 2013 to see our newly renovated rooms that we are so excited about.

Once again, thank you for staying with us when you are in Raleigh!

General Manger