“Very good for the price”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Vernon Hill, Va.
“Very good for the price”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel has been updated in the last few yrs so its not run down. Cannot comment on the breakfast as there is an IHOP a block away and we eat there. For the price its nice and not spotless but clean. Anyone could nit-pick no matter where you stay but Im not uppity and I think its reasonable.

Room Tip: all the rooms have outside doors facing the parking lot. No access through a lobby. If you have a la...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Bobbie M:

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor Review. We pride ourselves on having clean, comfortable rooms and I am pleased to see that your stay was satisfactory. I hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2012

While I previously liked this hotel, it is no longer a good stay for me; this is what I sent to Red Roof.

1)Prevent a scam phone call from waking me at 4:30 am and pretending to be the front desk. That is the hotel should update security for your phone system.
2)Offer me coffee when I check in. No coffee was available until morning. (And use a slightly bigger coffee cup.)
3)Move the chairs and prevent sketchy workcrew guys from listening to my checkin information.
4)Buy decent mattresses.
5)Eliminate the automatic $1.50 charge for the safe; I have to remember to ask the desk to remove the stupid charge in the morning. That is your policy.
6)Offer a better breakfast (than a packaged muffin and an apple)
7)Cut back the shrubs so I feel safe in the parking lot.
8)Put maybe one more towel in the bathroom for even a single person. Remember to offer towels if more than one person is in the room.
9)Discuss with the City of Raleigh a better, safer way of getting motorists into your hotel site. What a hassle to get into your driveway from several directions.

On the upside, the staff here is very friendly and the rooms are clean. Basics are just barely ok.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room here on an upper floor. The windows on the ground floor are too close to th...
1 Thank DeeDeeNC070
Dear DeeDeeNC:

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review and let me apologize for the problem you encountered with unwanted phone calls to your room, as an update hopefully this problem has been eliminated, all phone calls coming into the hotel from outside must now come through the front desk and be verified that they know the name of the guest before it is put through. Coffee and hot tea is available in the lobby 24 hours a day, when you were a guest here we were experencing 100 plus degree days and we were just throwing pots of coffee away left and right, the front desk is more than happy to make anyone a pot of coffee if there is not any made, if this was not offered to you I am sorry and I have spoke to the staff about it. There is not much we can do or the City of Raleigh is willing to do about our entrance I know it can be trying at times but there are short cuts in and out of the property that we are more than wililng to share with our guests! Once again, please accept my apologie for your last stay, I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the area.

Sincerley,

K Kirk
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Staff was friendly and courtious. Room was cool, clean and large, w/a great work station...and free WI-FI. And while this was a business trip, I did check out their pet policy. Pets, and kids under 17, stay for free! For less than $70 a night, you can't beat it. I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn!

Dear Dee B:

I am so pleased to see that you had a great stay at our property, we try to offer clean, comfortable rooms along with a friendly staff! Yes, please feel free to bring your 4 legged friend along with you on your next trip and children under 17 are always free with an adult.

I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area and thank you for the review!

Kelly K
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here on business and the deluxe king was perfect. I had quiet, a great work space and slept like a baby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They suggested an Italian restaurant just down the road and I had best lasagna ever.

Room Tip: The deluxe business king is great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review, your comments have been shared with my staff and I am pleased that we offered you a clean, comfortable affordable room. I hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Clean, comfortable, has the basics for an overnight stay. Staff not rude, but not very friendly. Was ok for our stay but we'd skip it next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear StarryNights:

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review, I am pleased to see that your room was clean and comfortable but very disappointed that the staff was not welcoming since we pride ourselves on customer service. If you would not mind taking a minute of your time and dropping me an e-mail at i0256@redroof.com to let me know about your stay so that I can speak to the staff about, it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you will give us another try next time you are in Raleigh.

Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wow what a difference a few miles down road means to a good night sleep.

This hotel was clean, smelled fresh, had hard working staff that were always working. Even in 106 degree weather the front clerk kept the coffee hot to keep guests like myself happy. The price was a bit more than the neighboring Red Roof but well worth it.

The small problem was that coming or going may involve a u-turn

In the area was a laundry mat, subway, a few seafood restaurants. down the road a bit in Garner,NC an Applebee's, Outback, Kroger's grocery, banks, good gas prices

This is a pet friendly hotel plenty of room to walk your dog. With no additional cost for that service.

This my 7th out of 8 RED ROOF INN and 2ND one in the Raleigh,NC area.since leaving AZ in Mid May 2012.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Donnersr:

Thank you for taking the time to post a trip advisor review on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Raleigh, we appreciate your feedback and share your comments with our staff. I am pleased to see that the accomodations were clean and comfortable and that the staff even in the unsufferable heat (106) was friendly and accomodating. We hope next time you come to Raleigh you will choose to stay with us again and always remember your four legged friends are always welcome.

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean,the bed was hard. The location was convenient to downtown. Breakfast in a bag is a packaged muffin, a bottle of water and an apple. Service was not friendly at all. Probably wouldn't stay here again but it worked for us for this trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marion L:

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to do a trip advisor review your feedback is apprecaited and shared with my staff. I am pleased to see that you had a clean room which we pride outselves on clean, comfortable rooms with a friendly staff, it seems we only hit 1 of the 3 for you. I am terribly sorry the bed was too hard for you and that the front desk was not on their normal accomodating and friendly ways. I wish you would e-mail me at the hotel so I can get a better picture of what went wrong, I want my guest to walk away happy and satisfied.