“Sparkling clean, large rooms, nice people”

Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Brooklyn, New York
“Sparkling clean, large rooms, nice people”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had a suite. The rooms were spacious, and furniture comfortable, and the lighting bright.
One minor complaint - small, hard pillows on the beds.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reading
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights here and found the staff were great and the location was excellent.

On the downside there was no fitness suit but for the price that is to be expected.

The internet was wireless but less than great coverage made it extremely frustrating from a business perspective.

A trip to Kickback Jack's was the highlight of the stay but nearby a Walmart made grocery shopping easy.

Frustrating that there was NO facilities to print anything as no business center existed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Raleigh to visit my 82 year old aunt and uncle. They were not in any shape to put us up at their home. So we picked the Red Roof Inn on South Saunders Street to stay for the night. We knew from previous stays at Red Roof Inn's across the nation that we would be well taken care of there. The staff and the facility exceeded our expectations! Try it some time soon, you'll see!

William L. Morris, Jr.
Lincolnton, NC

Room Tip: Ground floor, non-smoking King business had a frige and microwave as well as a work table. We sprea...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2012

NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS!!! There were some hoodlums loitering in the parking lot at night, with pants hanging on the knees and underwear showing, hats sideways, and a comb in the hair. Later I saw one walking around looking into parked cars windows. Inside it was rather clean, but neighbors on one side had a very loud rap music playing every day till midnight and were arguing, neighbors on the other side having loud sex. It was loud enough to hear a guy say "Yo yo my baby got back, my baby got back, yo yo" and the bed hitting the wall... for about 20 minutes. This is supposed to be a family place and our kids were asking what are those people doing there. I recommend you rent elsewhere, this place is low rent....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John S
caniac27603, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review, your feedback is very important to me and shared with my staff. Please accept my apologies for your less than stellar stay, as you can see by other reviews the problem you encountered is not the norm but very much the exception. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you again, if you would please contact me personally so we can discuss this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

KKirk
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My two stay at The Red Roof was an ecellant stay. Very clean accomodations and a big round of applause to Tressa, the clerk who checked us in. She is such a nice person and made the stay so pleasurable. This is my second time staying here. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This is one of the nicer Red Roofs I've been to. Good value. King room had a nice corner desk for my laptop, and an OK (if older) TV; adequate for my needs. Because I have a torn meniscus, I opted for a handicapped accessible room (but without the roll-in shower, which I did not need). Plenty of grab bars, which made me feel secure getting in and out of the tub. Slightly better quality toiletries than the typical Roof, in-room coffee pot and hair dryer were a Roof first. Better lighting in the room, but still the same thin towels of a typical Roof. One down side...the shelf for toiletries was quite narrow; not enough space for my stuff in the bathroom. The breakfast baggie with the apple, bottled water and muffin was a nicer touch. Decent (if hard) bed, but I like a firm mattress. Although not traveling with a pet, I like the chain because they don't charge extra if you are.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Greenwich, ct
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located close to a major highway. It is also near by the Fair Grounds. You can't beat the price for the location. The service was good and the room was clean. Did not use any of the food service because i was on the go...

This place is SOOO much better than the Red Roof in Cary - that was a dump!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business