“Great business property”

Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
wilmington, n.c.
“Great business property”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I was one of the first guests at this hotel upon opening, and have continued to stay at this property on all my trips into Raleigh. Small property, very safe, especially for ladies, parking lot close to hotel. Super clean facility inside and out. Immaculate rooms. Full size frig, microwave, sink, diswasher. Recliner, nice added feature, free laundry, grilling facility, and the cupboard is great for little snacks and drinks. If you want the Ritz it is not, but if you want a clean, nice, safe place to stay, this is the small hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Great Candlewood.
Very Clean. Great location. Across the street from the mall, lots of restaurants, blocks away from several strip malls and just about 10 minutes to downtown.

Comfortable bed. Lazy boy chair is really great.
Can't go wrong for the price.

• Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Robbieduch
Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed June 16, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Candlewood Suites four times. It is always clean; the kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, two-burner countertop stove and microwave is everything you need for those leftover from eating out.
The room comes with a DVD player and a free video library at the front desk.
A big plus for me was that I could open the windows when I wanted fresh air and the high speed Internet was free, I just connected my laptop.
I only wish Candlewood had King size beds and fluffier pillows.

• Liked — free laundry, fitness equipment and kitchen
  • Disliked — flat pillows
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank keisha73
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for 5 nights in February. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly. My room was very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. The location is very convenient. I actually walked to Crabtree Mall!

• Liked — Hotel amenities, cleanliness, location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I have stayed here several times in the last couple years, but my latest visit will be my last. It was clean, but the staff was not the same quality folks that I remembered. THe Cupboard was useless this time in what little it had to offer, the desk person did not care about me or anything else, the front desk manager was also quite odd in his discussions with the guests...

Stayed May 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
White Oak, NC
Reviewed December 18, 2005

We stay at this hotel every couple of months for business. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else! It's not the fanciest hotel but it's always clean and the staff is very friendly.

Stayed November 2005
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed December 12, 2005

I stayed here 1 night for business travel with other coworkers. It was ok for the price, but I will not stay there again. I prefer a hotel with better amenities. The good: Clean, cheap, certificate for a free soda in the Candlewood Cupboard (on site convenience store where you can purchase drinks, snacks and breakfast items). Each room has a little kitchen area and there is a community laundry center which would be convenient for an extended stay. They also offer a free movie library at the front desk. The bad: The beds were horrible; I could feel the springs and the pillows were flat. Also, as an energy saving measure, the heat or AC is controlled so if you leave the room for more than 15 minutes it basically shuts off. The room was freezing when I arrived. I set the temperature to 78 and I was still freezing all night. Also the heat was very noisy when it was running and woke me up repeatedly.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business