“Great beer, so-so food.”
Review of red monkey tavern

red monkey tavern
Ranked #202 of 1,456 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Great beer, so-so food.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in during a shopping trip. The waitress brought over a plate of what I think were very flat rice cakes and a mild hummus dip. Not really my thing.

The beer selection was good - got to try a new flavor of Irish Ale, and it was delicious!

Overall, it's convenience was the best feature - I got right back into shopping. There is a Cheesecake Factory right next door, which is where I went the next time. I liked that better.

north carolina
“Passing through”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was passing through after a week in Chapel Hill and dropped by Crabtree to get something to eat. I looked at a number of places but the name caught my attention so I thought I would try it. The service was very good and the good just as good. They were not very busy so I was able to get a table quickly and the food didn't take long at all. I got a burger and it was really good, more than I could eat so I ended up taking some with me. I would like to go back next time I am in the area. It was moderately priced for the style and type of place it is.

• Visited October 2012
Mentor
“Be sure to go!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Every time I'm in Raleigh, I stop. Excellent service, food and prices.
It's in a Mall ... so you go shopping afterwards.

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Food is average at best”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great wine (Malbec), but the food (falafel wrap, beef briscut) were both pretty average (at best). Great service and atmosphere....

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Love the Local Brewery Offerings”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Always a great place to get Aviator and Big Boss Brews on Tap! Always a nice treat at the end of a shopping day or when letting the misses shop while I catch some sports and a cold local treat.

1 Thank thebigdiver