“Super Clean, Very Nice Staff, Larger Than Average Room Size.”

Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
“Super Clean, Very Nice Staff, Larger Than Average Room Size.”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was in Raleigh for business and pleasure and elected to stay at the Residence due to its proximity to the places I needed to visit. This hotel is right next to a regional mall with lots of fun restaurants, but I elected to drive. Next time I might walk to avoid the parking lot at the mall.

This hotel has a small pool and a good sized hot tub, neither of which I used, or saw in use. I did sit in the court yard next to the pool which is quite, private, and pleasant. The hotel is set for long term stays with 2 outdoor gas grills, ample kitchen supplies, and a comfortable sitting area in the lobby.

Check in was pleasant and efficient. I was able to get a late check out which was nice. In the evenings (SU-TH) there is a Manager's Reception which is a light supper and two drinks (beer/wine) and there is a full bar right there too. The food was interesting (priced right!) but I urge anyone who is visiting Raleigh to use TA or US to choose a local restaurant - there are some really good one close by. See my other reviews for further information.

Breakfast is also included in the room night price. Aside from being a big time saver (although there is a McD drive through across the street) it was an excellent breakfast. There is Belgian waffle mix, bagels, cereal, and a selection of hot items too. My pet peeve is hotels that advetise the free breakfast, then offer a bunch of really low quality "thaw and serve" products from Sysco. I'm not busting on Sysco, but they as many low quality cheap breakfast items as they do nice ones. Anyway, the breakfast was great. If you have time, there are some great breakfast places in town too - see my other reviews for details!

The room I had was a two bedroom suite. It came with a fireplace and fully functional kitchen. Two full bathrooms too. It was clean and properly stocked. The bed was very comfortable, firm but not stiff. High quality linen. The pillows are small, but there were 6 per bed, so no issue there.

I visited the front desk a couple of times beyond check in and found the staff friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and sincere. I really like when they are genuine - it is a sign that the management makes for a pleasant environment so I feel good staying there.

I noticed a large meeting room, but have no real info on that. There are two high quality treadmills and two elliptical as well as limited free weights in an ample exercise room. Plenty of free parking.

I stayed on the second floor, but the hotel is built into a hill so there was a ground level view out the window.

Overall, typical price, excellent value - I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank alfeg87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two days in a single room. Room was spacious, well ventilated and very clean. Loved the kitchenette - awesome for a business traveler. Would definitely come back when I'm staying in Raleigh. The free breakfast and dinner was pretty good too.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cherry Hill
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite during a recent visit to NC State. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The kitchen area was great even though we did not need it for our 2 night stay. It would be helpful for a family trying to save money by not eating out every meal. The breakfast that was included was very good and offered much more than I had expected. We stayed Fri and Sat night so the happy hour was not offered. It would have been nice to have this available on the weekend also. I thought the mattresses could have been a little more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Everything was clean. The room was very spacious. It had a separate bedroom with a TV, as well as, a small living room with a TV and a large kitchen area. There was even a small 2 person dining table and large desk with chair.

This was a business trip so I was quite pleased with the room layout and the available desk space for working. The wi-fi in the room was great, had a very strong signal.

In the morning the breakfast buffet was awesome. Most of the food is hot, plenty of eggs, ham, gravy, sausage, biscuits. There was also fruit, cereal, and oatmeal.

The hotel also has a small room service/restaurant menu. The prices were very reasonable for hotel food.

Next time I am in town I will stay here again.

The hotel is located very close to the mall. I personally wouldn't walk there, but by car it only takes a minute to get there. The mall is quite large and has tons of restaurants. So, there's plenty of food and entertainment nearby,

Room Tip: Choose the 1 bedroom instead of the studio. It's about the same price and the layout is much be...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Wingate, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Between the lumpy mattress on the sofa bed, and the ROARING bathroom fan, our first night in the hotel was miserable. I immediately complained in the A.M., and had no doubt that the problems would be taken care of by management.

When we came back to the room, the sofa had been corrected, but the bathroom fan was worse than ever. The problem could not be fixed, and we were offered another room. This was around 8 p.m. on our final night. I declined to move, but did ask for a fan, to block some of the noise. The front desk workers were not helpful, and the young lady was actually quite rude. FINALLY, the evening manager promised me a fan, and offered to comp both of our nights. The comped room was a very nice gesture, but it didn't remove the sting of the bad service. I was given a brand new fan to use for the night. I did make one of the maids very happy, when I gave her a BIG bag of candy from the front desk. That was totally unnecessary, on their part.
This is normally the hotel that we choose, so that three of us can stay together comfortably. We were all upset by the problems in the room, and the construction mess in the hall. Will we come back? I am still recovering!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is on the 4th floor, and make sure you check it out prior to unpacking.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kelly Q, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your frustrating experiences at our property recently. We are particularly disappointed to have let down a repeat guest that we hope always looks forward to their return. Your feedback, while we regret you experienced it at all, provided very useful training opportunities for multiple departments within our hotel. We appreciate you sharing these issues so that we can make those improvements. If we are fortunate enough to have you return in the future, I look forward to the opportunity for our staff to provide you with the excellent service we both expect from Residence Inn.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in business.

The hotel fit my needs and was very average.

Staff was friendly and the lobby was clean and inviting.

The rooms are not too dated but not necessarily updated.

Average and met my needs.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank Crossbonz72 .
Zach F, Manager at Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us! We are looking at a full renovation beginning next year where we will hopefully be replacing all furniture and cosmetics in the rooms. We hope you will be really impressed in the future when you come back to see us!
diamondqueen255
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Baseball team stayed here while playing a local tournament. The rooms were spacious although the tv is in between the bed and couch so it was hard to watch if someone were in both places. The pool area was nice and so was the fitness room. The little store had a variety of snacks, beverages, and alcohol at reasonable prices. There was a bar. Meals were good. The manager's reception was very nice with a hot meal/salad/fruit and non-alchoholic beverages. The lobby was a great place for the kids to hang out and watch tv together. Staff was very customer service driven. The location is excellent right across from the mall and many restaurants. We had plenty of parking for larger vehicles. The whole place was kept very clean and the front desk staff was very helpful. On the last day of our visit, there was a fire alarm very early in the morning. The sprinklers soaked several rooms on different floors but the staff went out of their way to help the guests exit the building and then made sure the food was stocked when the lobby area was clear so guests could eat while waiting for the fire department to clear the building. I would definitely stay again. In fact, some of our party tried to book for the next week but it was full. The beds are comfortable. There is also a grill if you want to cook.

Room Tip: Rm 123 overlooks the pool and is just off of the elevator. It was nice if parents needed to keep an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family