“One of the best!”

Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family and I usually try to stay at Residence Inns, but sadly, many of them have fallen off in the past few years, but have raised their prices. However, this was the first time we stayed at this one. The front desk was very hospitable, but one man did give us minor difficulty (I think he was new).The location is great because it is right next to Crabtree Mall and not too far from downtown Raleigh. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast at this Residence Inn. They had a WIDE variety of choices (sausage, Canadian bacon, corned beef hash, biscuits, tater tots, eggs, waffles, croissants etc.) and the food was good and hot. Most RI's I go to have the food in those silver plated pans, but eventually the food gets cold from everyone constantly opening it, but this RI had the food stored in pans like at a buffet. The only thing is the kitchen is a galley style kitchen, so if there are many people it can get tight. Although it is minor, I liked that they had ketchup, salt, and pepper at each table so not everyone has to share just one. While we ate breakfast, housekeeping had made our beds, cleaned the bathrooms, and changed our trash. The only complaint I have for this hotel is they need to put a sign in front of the hotel because someone may pass it by, but it is the first hotel on the left as you drive up in Summit Place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I love the layout of these rooms. Modern furniture, kitchen with everything you need to cook, nice decor, comfy bed and pull out sofa.
We're planning another vacation soon and I've booked another RI in a different city.
The price is higher than "regular" hotels but having the ability to cook your own food makes up for it IMO.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank treenabeena
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights during a trip to North Carolina to visit family.

We got a one-bedroom suite with a kitchen. It worked out well for my husband and I to use the bedroom and my son slept on the pull-out couch in the living room. There was plenty of space! The room was clean and well maintained, though nothing special as far as decor or amenities. The front desk and housekeeping staff were efficient and friendly.

We enjoyed the buffet each morning and there's ample space to sit. There was a good selection of fruit, juice, cereal and yogurt, and some hot foods.

The pool looked like it was taken care of well, though we didn't get to try it. My son liked the putting green! This hotel is in a complex of about four other hotels, so it was a bit hard to find at first! I like to walk in the mornings, but this wasn't in a great area for that, due to being surrounded by parking lots and fairly busy roads. The hotel was quiet, though. And, the work out room is small, but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Audie79
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The staff was great!The room was well maintained and very spacious. The room was clean and smelled good. It is ten minutes from downtown,and lots of good resturants. I will stay there my next business trip.

Room Tip: Corner suites were quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We drove from Ohio to NC and this was a great point to stop. The R I is hidden off the road so it is quiet and peaceful.
The front desk attendant was so friendly and attentive. We checked in quickly.
There were 2 families in our group and R I made our rooms next to each other as we requested.
Our 4 kids swam in the outdoor pool and hot tub until the pool closed.
Our room was nice.
The breakfast in the morning was good and had a variety of hot and cold selections.
Lots of places around to eat and a big upscale shopping center across the road.
We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jkkramer
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff at the Residence Inn was accommodating to set us up for a room late in the night. And what they arranged was a luxurious penthouse suite, exceeding every expectation we had. We were so excited when we first entered the room that we spent some time exploring the room, giggling and holding hands, amazed at all we had for the weekend, especially our private time together. There was a separate bedroom, living room area with fireplace (which we are sorry we didn’t try), full-size kitchen, and huge bathroom.

Our suite was located in a quiet section of the hotel, with the exception for a snoring bear who oftentimes had to cover his eyes. The bed was big enough for us two and then some. The bathroom had a cozy stand-up shower with glass doors. The bathtub could also serve as a hot tub; I regret not taking advantage of the size by joining my Love. A long mirror and bathroom counter covered the length of the wall so you both can brush teeth at the same time.

My heart found its home with my arms curled into his chest as he held me and gazed lovingly into my eyes. One of the highlights was seeing the sun come in perfectly through the kitchen window, enhancing the looks in our eyes as I sat on the countertop. Time ticked by too fast and before we knew it, we had to check out and head home. I will always cherish the time exploring in this suite and discovering enthusiastic joy in my heart, witnessing sparks in the dark. However, I am sure he considers Nirvana in Negril to outweigh his experiences here and that our time here together is now a faded memory.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very comfortable and staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family